(Not a) Mass shooting in Knoxville!

On this quiet Sunday afternoon BLM and other protesters of their ilk descended on a west Knox County subdivision looking for the district attorney’s house.  Word is they went to the wrong house at first.  Don’t know if they ever found it or if they were even in the right place. 

If anyone in west Knoxville was wondering why helicopters were flying around all afternoon, now you know why.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

On this quiet Sunday afternoon BLM and other protesters of their ilk descended on a west Knox County subdivision looking for the district attorney’s house.  ...

Thanks Brother. 

Interesting.   I'm thinkin this is a real bad idea.  This one will be interesting to watch.

watchin leroy. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

On this quiet Sunday afternoon BLM and other protesters of their ilk descended on a west Knox County subdivision looking for the district attorney’s house.  Word is they went to the wrong house at first.  Don’t know if they ever found it or if they were even in the right place. 

If anyone in west Knoxville was wondering why helicopters were flying around all afternoon, now you know why.

When did the protesters start flying helicopters😉

• Haha 1
On 4/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, Erik88 said:

To be honest, I'm getting really damn annoyed with the entire thing. The BLM march over the weekend didn't help my mood. People were holding signs demanding justice for the kid that brought a gun to school. I don't understand it. Meanwhile we've had god knows how many other black people killed this year by someone other than police and the same community hardly reacts. 

Have you ever looked at the unsolved homicides on KPD's website? You'll notice a trend.

https://knoxvilletn.gov/government/city_departments_offices/police_department/criminal_investigations/unsolved_murder_cases

Welcome to reality my friend. Glad to have you here.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Welcome to reality my friend. Glad to have you here.

I was sympathetic until it became clear people don't care about the truth on this one. Folks are trying to place blame on anyone and everyone EXCEPT the kid that brought a gun to school. 

On another note, during the protest Friday they tried to pull someone out of a sunroof. No clue what lead up to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

On another note, during the protest Friday they tried to pull someone out of a sunroof. No clue what lead up to this.

I would like to say ignorance, but it's much worse than that.  We can't say it on this forum.  Probably for the best.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I was sympathetic until it became clear people don't care about the truth on this one. Folks are trying to place blame on anyone and everyone EXCEPT the kid that brought a gun to school. 

I’m encouraged that people are beginning to wake up to the fact that the media isn’t very reliable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Only this one?  They don't care about the truth on any of them, only use them to further their agendas.  If they can twist some of the facts or ignore others then they will.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I’m encouraged that people are beginning to wake up to the fact that the media isn’t very reliable.

Yessssss.....

I think the cop-shoots-knife-girl was a big WTF moment for some people, too. The media cries wolf, everyone with 2 brain cells re-tweets "If you happen to see someone about to stab me..."

Thats the only hope, that enough people wake up to whats being fed to them. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

Thats the only hope, that enough people wake up to whats being fed to them. 

Wish in one hand and crap in the other, you know the line. The mass of people that watch the junk put out by the liers will never be "woke"!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this post this  morning, 5.7.2021, in The Instapundut Blog by Brother Glen Reynolds, Law Professor, UT:

I’M SO OLD I CAN REMEMBER WHEN EVERYONE WAS WORRIED ABOUT SCHOOL SHOOTINGS AND WANTED POLICE IN SCHOOL. KPD will pull officers out of Knox County Schools this summer while school security needs are reevaluated. Literally because a student with a gun was killed fighting with cops, in what was obviously a legitimate shooting.

More reason for Knoxvillians to attend private school, or homeschool, or online school. And everyone else.

Brother Glen is a wise man... The city mother is simply pandering to her constituency.

leroy..,

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, leroy said:

Founs this post this  morning, 5.7.2021, in The Instapundut Blog by Brother Glen Reynolds, Law Professor, UT:

Brother Glen is a wise man... The city mother is simply pandering to her constituency.

leroy..,

From what I read, Knox City has 2 different types of officers in schools. They have School Security Officers(SSO's) and School Resource Officers(SRO's). It seems they are removing the SRO's but each school will still have one armed officer. Either way, it seems like a knee jerk reaction and a pointless change that won't accomplish anything. I'm still so disappointed in the community. The family calling for accountability needs to look inward. 

https://www.wate.com/news/that-is-not-our-intent-school-board-members-say-when-it-comes-to-knoxville-police-leaving-knox-county-schools/

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

From what I read, Knox City has 2 different types of officers in schools. They have School Security Officers(SSO's) and School Resource Officers(SRO's). It seems they are removing the SRO's but each school will still have one armed officer. Either way, it seems like a knee jerk reaction and a pointless change that won't accomplish anything. I'm still so disappointed in the community. The family calling for accountability needs to look inward. 

https://www.wate.com/news/that-is-not-our-intent-school-board-members-say-when-it-comes-to-knoxville-police-leaving-knox-county-schools/

We’re going to make a conservative out of you yet!😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3