which compact 45?

laktrash

I hate for this to be what do I want thread but I getting the itch for another compact 45. I start looking at the forums and all seem to have issues. How about some imput I have a sig P245 and a bersa uc 45. I'd like to stay reasonalble money wise and really don't care for the plastic. No offense to anyone. Slimhawg , colt defender, springfield V10, beretta 8045 Detonics $$$ kimber $$$ like the decocker any imput

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about getting a ruger p345. They had mixed reviews - seems like everyone either loved them or had horrible problems with them. - But I hear all the problems were only in early models and these problems are all ironed out. I do know the p345 feels great in my hand.

be aware of the p345, it cant be carried cocked and locked, but other than that it will shoot anything you feed it, however i dont really consider it compact.

i think either a xd-45C or a Hk45c would be great but they are both plastic.

might look at the kinber ultra rcp II

...i think either a xd-45C ...

Yep, it's plastic, but, I've shot the XD 45 service, really sweet.

The 45 compact is only different as to smaller grip/capacity, but 10+1 plus a 13 round backup is nothing to sneeze at in a rock solid performer!

- OS

Guest bkelm18
Why can't it be carried cocked and locked?

The safety lever also acts as a decocker but I think they made some models without the decocker. I had one and it was a great gun. Never had a problem from it. But it really doesn't matter since its not a SAO gun, its SA/DA and the DA trigger pull was actually pretty smooth.

I have grown fond of the SW DA/SA guns of late. I have a 4563TSW that is much like a LW Commander and they make a Officer size, I think it is the 4513 in alloy and 4516 in SS, I could be wrong though. I need to check gunbroker for pics. Like my 4563 a lot even though I cannot carry it cocked and locked.

I just went through the “Compact†thing. Most modern pistols are not very “Compact†they are just full size guns with the barrel and grips shortened. With the exception of the Kahr, they were all thicker than a 1911; and I just didn’t like the feel of the Kahr.

I ended up with a 3†Kimber SIS Ultra. I have heard all the horror stories of the short barreled 1911’s; but thought I would give it a try.

Of course if you need 15 rounds you will need a fat gun. :death:

Guest dtandy

I'll second the XD-45 compact. I just picked one up and it shoots nice. I haven't put many rounds through it but the FMJ and HP I used fed just fine.

I own/carry a Kimber Pro Carry2 1911. This firearm is amazing to shoot and is an awfull deadly "tack driver".

I've carried this for 4years and have put a little over 8K rounds through it with absoutly no issues.

It doesn't matter the name brand of what firearm you get or the model, just make sure it "fits" you, your life style and practice with it as often as possible....;)

But you knew this already......;)

You can sometimes find S&W CS45's at gun shows or I even saw one at On Target not long ago, but they have been dicontinued, so they are hard to come by. That fits your criteria. Another member here, westwindmike, has a compact S&W 45, but I don't know the model number. Shoot him a PM and ask.

You do not want any S&W semi auto. Not because they are not any good but because the more people who try them the more the price goes up for those of us who love them. A Smith 457,4513,4553 DAO,or my personal favorite the 4513TSW short grip made only in 1998/1999 is the perfect CCW .45 not to small not to big. Go to Smithandwessonforums there are always good deals there.

I dont blame you for not wanting tupperware. I just got rid of an XD45 compact, not that there was anything wrong with it other than I didnt like it. First tupperware gun after having 1911's for years. If you go tupperware look at the Smith M&P. Thats what I wanted but Smith hadn't released the compact yet when I bought the XD. Feels a whole lot better than the XD IMO. I am back to all steel for the time being.

I picked an old reliable witness compact 45 steel. That thing is awesome IMO. Fits my hand like a glove. Should have never gotten rid of it years ago, but thankfully got it back. The plastic EAA feels awful btw.

Guest jspin

I also have a ruger p345. it is a great gun. you can not have the safety on with the the hammer cocked. What i do is load one in the chamber with the safety on and then turn the safety off when i put it in the holster. It works well for me. the only neg. that i have about it is that i carry in the small of my back and tends to dig into my back a little. when im not carrying that i carry a Glock G36 which i tend to forget is even there when carrying it. hope this helps.

I hate for this to be what do I want thread but I getting the itch for another compact 45. I start looking at the forums and all seem to have issues. How about some imput I have a sig P245 and a bersa uc 45. I'd like to stay reasonalble money wise and really don't care for the plastic. No offense to anyone. Slimhawg , colt defender, springfield V10, beretta 8045 Detonics $$$ kimber $$$ like the decocker any imput

compact .45 + don't care for plastic = imho not a whole lot of good one's...;)

get a G36 while you're looking...:rolleyes:

I guess there's alot of good options out there. The cs 45 really looks good I know they are rare. also the defender and warthawg. I'm in no hurry so I should cruise the pawn shops I travel alot between east and middle tenn. the witness never ocured me to ether. Its hard to beat my S&W 640 with ctc for everyday carry. I don't really know why I the itch