Iwb carry positions

I’ve bought so many IWB holsters that I got tired of spending money. Bottom line is none of them work for me. I’m  6’ 2”, 180 lbs. I just stick with OWB, and can conceal it good enough, with a coat in the winter or a untucked shirt in the summer. 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Update.

I got my JX Tactical Fat Guy holster a couple of days ago. I've been wearing it around the house, farm & at work ever since it arrived. It took a little bit of fenagling to find the best position & angle & a few hours to get used to the new sensation, but I have to say, I 'think' I may have lucked out on my first try! This thing is really comfortable walking, standing, sitting & sitting in my recliner. It doesn't seem to print too badly, even in thin shorts & a normal fitting polyester Tee. Put it this way...Le Wifey has no idea I've been carrying since Saturday.

I emailed JX to see if it was compatible with any of the proprietary 'claw fittings, since the only really visible point is the very tip of the grip & I'm waiting to hear back on that.

WARNING!!!

FAT GUY BELLY PHOTO BELOW!!

20210601_175724.jpg

20210601_175700.jpg

20210601_175645.jpg

How would you rate this 'concealment level'? Is this what would be considered acceptable or is the point of the grip a problem? 

Edited by Handsome Rob
37 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

WARNING!!!

FAT GUY BELLY PHOTO BELOW!!

20210601_175724.jpg

20210601_175700.jpg

20210601_175645.jpg

How would you rate this 'concealment level'? Is this what would be considered acceptable or is the point of the grip a problem? 

As much trouble as Little Mike has cause me over the years, I'm not willing to walk around with a gun pointed at him. I'm with Travis Haley when it comes to appendix carry. Glock butt is one thing. Transgender by fire is another.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Moderators
15 hours ago, mikegideon said:

As much trouble as Little Mike has cause me over the years, I'm not willing to walk around with a gun pointed at him. I'm with Travis Haley when it comes to appendix carry. Glock butt is one thing. Transgender by fire is another.

So you’re saying you prefer it?

Haley prefers it and the Incog holster was designed around it. 

Y'all are too funny! 🤣😂🤣

I'm 6'-3" and weight 230lbs.  I primarily carry IWB at 3 or 4 oclock.  I have a varity of holsters that I use, depending on the pistol I am carrying.  For my S&W 442, I use a DeSantis Sof-tuck.  It's a bit of pain to reholster, sometimes though, because the front of the cylinder wants to catch on the leather, but very comfortable.  Other than that, it's pretty nice and I can tuck my shirt in.  For my Ruger LC9S, I use a We The People Kydex holster and it works great! Easiest holster to reholster my pistol, that I own.  For my Walther PPK, I have a Versa Comfort Flex holster.  Does a really nice job!!! Lastly, for my .45ACP XDs I have a Texas 1836 Crusader that I love!  Great holster!!!

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

So you’re saying you prefer it?

Haley prefers it and the Incog holster was designed around it. 

It was a long time ago. And he wasn't selling holsters then. But, I'll  never be able to find it. I think it was in one of the Magpul Handgun videos. But when it comes down to it, everybody is responsible for their own Johnson. 3:00 OWB for me.

• Like 1

I find carrying about 2 o'clock to be the most comfortable of the IWB positions for me. It is still fast ( legit sub 1 second draw to first shot from concealment on a timer )  as AIWB but more comfy for me. I carry a G34 or a G17 that way in a holster with the FBI cant. So essentially take your holster that you would be wearing at the 4 o'clock position and move it forward so that the barrel of the gun goes right under the watch pocket of your jeans. The grip then kind of disappears into you. 

Here's a pic of me (black shirt) carrying an RMR equipped G17 at 2 o'clock, clinch pick knife at 11:30 o'clock and spare 24rd G17 mag IWB at 11 o'clock ...

IMG_3178.jpg

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 3

I think people worry way too much about printing. I wear a G17 OWB with most of the times just a untucked tee covering it. Sure it prints, but nobody notices. 90% of people just don’t pay attention to their surroundings, and the other 10% most of the time just assume it is a phone case or something (I have a belt phone holder that prints just as bad). I’ve had police officers (people that are trained to notice such things) at church not notice I’m carrying. I know because we’ve talked about it.

The reason you stand in front of the mirror and it looks bad is because your eyes are trained on it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just picked up a P365 myself, but still need to put at least 3-400 hundred rounds thru it before I carry it. So still carrying my Kahr PM9. About the same size but a single stack. I swear by Crossbreed Minituck horsehide IWB holsters. Usually at about 4-5 o'clock. I used to drive from CT to FLA wearing it, I almost forget its there its so comfortable. The horsehide is noticeably thinner than cowhide, and more sweat resistant. Tried an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck, and liked it except for putting it on. With the Crossbreed I just have to loosen my belt. With the Alien Gear, because its cloth-backed, you just about have to drop your drawers to get it on-lol.

I also use a Kore belt with the ratchet buckle, cant say enough good things about it. Its micro-adjustable.

Edited by Tom B

I am also a misguided one that only carries occasionally, but I also try to stay out of places that I am likely to need a gun. So I shouldn't give advise but I only throw this in as another option. When I carry I usually carry a .380 mouse gun in a Desantis Superfly in my back pocket, it prints like a wallet. I think they may have a Superfly for the 365 if you have big pockets. I know they have one for my G26.

spacer.png

I recently picked up a KYDEX IWB Forcenter holster so I had an IWB holster for my Glock 19 & 26 and I actually like it at 4 o'clock. I have an OWB BIANCHI 83 Paddlelok level 2 that I use on my property and range usually at position 2 or 3.

As several have mentioned, I also have a tub of holsters that didn't work out even for occasional use. Several were given to me by other people with their own tubs.