Leupold DeltaPoint Micro (red dot) for Glock

billmeek

https://www.leupold.com/deltapoint-micro-glock

After waiting (in)patiently for the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro to be in stock, I finally got one in my grubby little hands.  Once I used a sight pusher to get the rear sight of my Glock 26, then installing the new red dot was a breeze.  There is a small plate you slide in the rear sight slot and use 2 screws (torqued to 25 ft/pounds) that holds the sight in place.  I still need to spend some range time to zero the red dot. But I thought y’all might be interested in my initial thoughts on the sight.

First off, my primary reason for wanting the DeltaPoint Micro is that like many older shooters I have presbyopia (aka old man’s eyes) requiring reading glasses; therefore seeing standard iron sights becomes a problem.  I’d considered getting a new slide for my Glock 26 multiple times, but ended up just buying an IWI Masada that was optic ready for about the same cost as what I’d pay for a slide or having my existing slide milled and coated. While the Masada with a Holosun 507C GR X2 convinced me I liked having a red (or green) dot on my carry firearm, the Masada is a bit big for my summer carry piece.  I’m still not a big fan of the Avenger style holster which sticks out more in the front than a pancake holster.  

The main feature of the Deltpoint Micro is it’s small size allowing the red dot to replace the rear sight and still work with most holsters.  As you can see from the photos below, it works perfectly with my pancake holster since it only extends in front of the rear sight cutout about 9/16th of an inch.

The DeltaPoint Micro also has a couple of dots on the rear of the sight allowing you to use the standard front sight as a backup sight in case the red dot fails. 

The small size of viewing area of the red dot also makes it significantly harder to pickup than the green dot of the Holosun 507C.  But I believe a part of that comes from not shooting the G26 in awhile and the difference in the grip angle of the pistol.  Given the amount of time I spent with the Glock, I don’t think it’ll take much practice to retrain my muscle memory and picking up the red dot should become much easier. If you get the front sight lined up, then seeing the dot is effortless.  It’s a lot easier to see red dot than the iron sights sans reading glasses.

Although I paid retail ($399) for the DeltaPoint Micro, I don’t think it’s a bad deal as unless you buy an optics ready (MOS) Glock, you’re going to spend more than that on a good dot sight and slide.  Note: Glock doesn’t make a G26 MOS.  When the availability increases and the street pricing on the DeltaPoint Micro starts coming down, I think it’ll be a very good deal and will likely pick up additional sights for my other Glocks.

Just a reminder that in addition to the Glock version, Leupold also makes the DeltaPoint Micro for the Smith and Wesson M&P line:

https://www.leupold.com/deltapoint-micro-s-w-m-p

G26DeltaPointMicroDGLpancake.jpg

G26DeltaPointMicro.jpg

• Like 1

I initially placed an order with KyGunCo, but they refunded my purchase without telling me why.  When I called the sales guy didn't know why it had been refunded by the owner since their inventory showed as "in stock".  Turns out the inventory was wrong and the owner had refunded all the r sales he couldn't fulfill... without notifying the customers as to why.

I ended up ordering from Cabelas but paid a few dollars more but got 2nd day shipping.  No vendor that I found had them in stock for less than retail ($399).   Cabelas is now out of stock.

The only 2 vendors I see that (currently) say they are in stock (besides KyGunCo) are:

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/leu-deltapoint-micro-3-moa-dot-matte-glock

https://www.johnsmilitiagear.com/products/leupold-030317024949-3364

Please note that I haven't purchased from these stores so can't make a recommendation.

Edited by billmeek
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are comfortable with using irons sights on the Glock... without having to hunt around, it's not a problem as it has the exact point of aim.  You can even use the Deltpoint Micro as the rear sight for your irons as a backup.  The more I use the Deltpoint Micro, the better I like it.

10 hours ago, KitePilot said:

Can we get a pic of the sight picture? 

That's actually harder than it sounds.  Every time I take picture with the iPhone 12 Pro Max, the red dot ends up being a perfectly round circle much larger than the size of the dot when viewed.  The only way I found around it was to take a slo-mo video and then screen shot a frame. 

DeltaPointMicroView.thumb.jpg.8397c10a4e2988a11b149db6c448e0ed.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got one, Bill! Been using it a couple of weeks. I'm with you, I think these are great. Low to bore axis, co-witness with stock iron sights, easy to mount, work with the shooter's pre-existing mechanics... What's not to love?

Btw: got mine from Camera Land NY. Good folks, quick shipping.