Starline Brass

I just placed an order for some 45 Colt brass. It says "backordered". I'm in no great hurry, but wondered if anybody here has recently ordered from them, and if so, how long of a wait should I expect?

As an aside, if you've never used their brass, it is inexpensive and is among the best brass you'll get your hands on.

I had a "be notified" request in at Midway for when they had some nickel plated 357 Starline brass come in. I check my e-mail when I get up and then again around 6-7. Notification came in at 11:00 am and it was, of course, gone by the time I checked my mail in the evening but at least they received some Starline. Maybe they are catching up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

I had a "be notified" request in at Midway for when they had some nickel plated 357 Starline brass come in. I check my e-mail when I get up and then again around 6-7. Notification came in at 11:00 am and it was, of course, gone by the time I checked my mail in the evening but at least they received some Starline. Maybe they are catching up.

I had the same for 10mm-I instantly upon receiving the notice I followed the link only to find all was already sold out.

Never tried with Midway, but Midsouth allowed my order to remain on BO, for 3 mos, until they got the bullets in. Then they sent me an email asking if I still wanted it.

I replied I did, they started processing the order. It's being g packed now.

6 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Never tried with Midway, but Midsouth allowed my order to remain on BO, for 3 mos, until they got the bullets in. Then they sent me an email asking if I still wanted it.

I replied I did, they started processing the order. It's being g packed now.

Back during the Great Pmag Scare of 2012-2013, Brownell's was running a special on 10 packs of Pmags when it all flared up.  Coincidentally, I had just placed 40 of them in my shopping cart when it all blew up.  My order went rhough, but of course they were out of stock.  My order, along with apparently everybody in the US, was listed as "backordered".  Every few months, I got an email asking if I wanted to cancel or stay on the waiting list.  As I was out no money, the price was still pre-panic, and Pmags were selling at 10x what I ordered them for, I waited.  About 6 months later, I got notified my mags were shipping, and a few days later received a box with 40 Pamgs.  Sometimes, patience is a virtue ...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

You can order directly from Starline and they have free shipping.

• 1 month later...