McDonald's

18 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Just went by there. We miss the Porky Shake. Used to stop there every time we went to Dale Hollow.

Did Ed Kendall write your name in his little book? I used to trade knives and guns with him. I miss that old man too.

Yeah Ed probably did. I used to go in there and look at his guns and knives. My Grandpa used to sell Gin Seng there when I was a little kid.

• Like 1
On 4/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, Chucktshoes said:

Speaking of that subject, I read a really great article about that this morning.

https://www.wired.com/story/they-hacked-mcdonalds-ice-cream-makers-started-cold-war/

I wasn't searching but stumbled across the fact the McDonalds ice cream "broken" machine thing seems to be a getting some traction on the web these days.

To know the McDonalds ice cream machine status near you, check out mcbroken.

https://mcbroken.com/

Now if you have about 29 minutes to waste (A little less if you skip thru the ads) you can watch this video and get the whole SCOOP! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
On 4/21/2021 at 8:46 AM, No_0ne said:

No matter how they doll up the exterior, the food made inside will still be the same swill they serve elsewhere ...

I'm truly amazed that the McDonalds here in Hartsville is still in business.  Food is an adventure, no inside dining ( supposedly according to a manager friend of mine, the reason for this is he's too cheap to pay someone to clean the tables, etc. Actually, they're supposed to do that anyway, tho rarely did.

I long for the day it floats down Goose creek.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

I'm truly amazed that the McDonalds here in Hartsville is still in business.  Food is an adventure, no inside dining ( supposedly according to a manager friend of mine, the reason for this is he's too cheap to pay someone to clean the tables, etc. Actually, they're supposed to do that anyway, tho rarely did.

I long for the day it floats down Goose creek.

They first built it as a sit down restaurant. Something new Mcdonald’s was trying. It wasn’t bad then. I think it was called The Golden Arch Cafe or something similar.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

When I was a kid, I had breakfast at some civic affair that my Boy Scout troop help usher - or at least that’s how I remember it.

I wound up sitting at a table that included both Truett Cathey and Dave Thomas. They were both incredibly kind to a kid who was maybe 16 years old. But they imparted some wisdom to me that day that I’ve never forgotten.  They were talking about the early days of Chick-fil-a and Wendy’s.  They talked about sending folks to work at McDonald’s to figure out how they did stuff.  One of them told me, “if our people had come back and told us that the McDonald’s people were hanging from their toes while making the fries, we would have had our employees hanging from their toes making fries.”

The other one told me, “have something that makes you special, but if your competitor is doing something well, learn from them.”

I watched those two men - who truthfully were fierce competitors - talk about the things the other did well and what they’d learned from one another.

I’ve never forgotten that. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

When I was a kid, I had breakfast at some civic affair that my Boy Scout troop help usher - or at least that’s how I remember it.

I wound up sitting at a table that included both Truett Cathey and Dave Thomas. They were both incredibly kind to a kid who was maybe 16 years old. But they imparted some wisdom to me that day that I’ve never forgotten.  They were talking about the early days of Chick-fil-a and Wendy’s.  They talked about sending folks to work at McDonald’s to figure out how they did stuff.  One of them told me, “if our people had come back and told us that the McDonald’s people were hanging from their toes while making the fries, we would have had our employees hanging from their toes making fries.”

The other one told me, “have something that makes you special, but if your competitor is doing something well, learn from them.”

I watched those two men - who truthfully were fierce competitors - talk about the things the other did well and what they’d learned from one another.

I’ve never forgotten that. 

If you ever write a book, I’d sure like a copy. You’ve lived a very interesting life indeed.

• Like 2