McDonald's

A lot of fussing on here about fast food, but a lot of the places went downhill when they were bought out by large corporations. For instance, I used to love Taco Bell's food in the 70's, but when they were bought out by Pepsico in 1978 their quality of foot started going downhill and never came back. The same thing happened with KFC.

• Like 3
  • Admin Team
4 minutes ago, hipower said:

Thanks for the new temptation. I'm sure got to find one now.

You should definitely make Caracasville at the Farmers' Market your first ones. You'll be hard pressed to find a better example. 聽If I recall, Friday - Sunday lunch hours.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

You should definitely make Caracasville at the Farmers' Market your first ones. You'll be hard pressed to find a better example. 聽If I recall, Friday - Sunday lunch hours.

Yup.聽 Usually 11a-2p on Friday and 11a-3p Saturday & Sunday.聽 They do pop up locations every now and again during the week as well around the area.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Since I鈥檝e been on the subject of food trucks, there is a taco truck in town around the corner from my daughter鈥檚 school in Alamo that I鈥檝e been meaning to hit up for a while. My wife and I did today for lunch and discovered that we have been wasting a lot of time by not going there.聽

Chela鈥檚 Tacos in Alamo has some seriously legit tacos.聽

OoUrmyC.jpg
5Es01Xo.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Those look good but am I the only one that doesn't care for corn tortillas?聽

If they are fresh made with real masa that's one thing but if they are those store bought bag of bowel blockers then hard pass. It's like corn jerky lol

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Reliably bad?聽

What exactly do you eat there? I don't mind their breakfast but I've not had much luck with the rest of their food.聽

At the one store I trade with most everything is edible. Now I will admit, I've eaten some bad Bojangles in other places. Whoever has the franchise in Bristol has done a pretty good job.聽

On 4/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, gregintenn said:

Every small town used to have a dairy dip. They had wonderful burgers for the most part. I miss those. There鈥檚 still a Dairy Burger in Hermitage Springs, TN. If you鈥檙e ever up this way, give it a try. It鈥檚 like a trip back in time.

I'm about 15 minutes from there. Great little place. Moss used to have a little Drive In style place called the Porky Shake. It's a trucking company office now.馃槩

43 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I'm about 15 minutes from there. Great little place. Moss used to have a little Drive In style place called the Porky Shake. It's a trucking company office now.馃槩

Just went by there. We miss the Porky Shake. Used to stop there every time we went to Dale Hollow.

Did Ed Kendall write your name in his little book? I used to trade knives and guns with him. I miss that old man too.

12 hours ago, E4 No More said:

A lot of fussing on here about fast food, but a lot of the places went downhill when they were bought out by large corporations. For instance, I used to love Taco Bell's food in the 70's, but when they were bought out by Pepsico in 1978 their quality of foot started going downhill and never came back. The same thing happened with KFC.

That might be a factor, but if you're like me you were a teenager or young adult in the 70's, a time in every man's life when he will eat practically anything and think it's good ...

• Like 1