Smith and Wesson 4006 review

Guest smithandwesson

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smithandwesson
thank you for the review. I heard somone at my office tell me to stay away from the smith automatic. Yall have caused me to look into this further.

Who ever told you that doesnt know a thing about guns. Smith and Wesson makes some of the finest and most reliable guns in the world. Smith ans Wesson has been around since 1852. Id say they know a thing or 2 about making guns. Ask who ever said that how many S&W's they have owned. They have prolly never even fired one or they wouldnt have said that. Law enforcement has used Smith since the late 1800's I guess they would trust their lives to something that you should stay away from.

Edited by smithandwesson
Guest FroggyOne2

Well I was over on the Cast Boolits site.. and apperently.. very early models had a 10 twist, but that was changed to a 16 twist.

I had seen that but I didnt know if it was th actual spec for the 4006 or if it was the recomended twist rate for the bullet.

Funny wikipedia was brought up...The 4006 wiki actually has a picture of my personal gun. Was editing and writing gun articles years back and they are still there. It is a retired CHP piece that I picked up for $200. They have gone up in price since then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_4006

The 3rd generation S&W guns are WAY underrated.

Guest FroggyOne2

Well the 10 mags that I ordered just arrived from Bud's. All are used but in great shape! Now to just get the pistol in.. prob won't see it in till next week though.

Guest smithandwesson

Ive got a service kit coming from Wolff springs that we mentioned earlier. I like to keep spare parts for all my guns. The main parts are springs, the extractor, and a firing pin. IF, anything is going to break it gunna be one of thise parts.. With those parts the gun will last forever. Eventually a new barrel. But besides that, with the gun being all stainless steel, Id say my grat great great great grandkids will enjoy this pistol.