Louisville diner standoff with BLM using NAA?

1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

If he doesn't get brought up on criminal charges I'll be shocked.

They said some of the BLM protestors had guns so I think he has a pretty good case of pulling it.   Then again, we know how logic fits into the equation most of the time.

I bet the others were justified even if he wasn't of course.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
37 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

They said some of the BLM protestors had guns so I think he has a pretty good case of pulling it.   Then again, we know how logic fits into the equation most of the time.

I’m the video of the event, at least two of the BLM crowd were openly armed. 

• Wow 1
47 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I hope you guys are right. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I haven't seen the video, so I can't comment there, but this guy is pointing the gun at people. It's one thing to display weapons, it's another matter to point a gun at folks.

I was raised to never point a firearm at anything unless you were going to shoot it.

It's actually a good thing BLM is packing because sooner or later  liberal/progressive folk will realize the 2nd Amendment is there to serve everyone.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

I haven't seen the video, so I can't comment there, but this guy is pointing the gun at people. It's one thing to display weapons, it's another matter to point a gun at folks.

I was raised to never point a firearm at anything unless you were going to shoot it.

It's actually a good thing BLM is packing because sooner or later  liberal/progressive folk will realize the 2nd Amendment is there to serve everyone.

I’m not offering opinions with regards to whether the guy with the NAA revolver was justified or not. That’s not really my place, or something I feel qualified to do.

while I do agree with your statement that it would be a good thing for those on the left to become more pro 2A, I believe it isn’t so cut and dried in situations like this.

While I have no issue with armed protests, The tactics being employed here present a problem. BLM demonstrations have a history of getting out of hand with participants engaging in mob violence. With that sort of background engaging in aggressive and confrontational behavior while armed creates a situation where someone may be more likely to feel their life is in danger and employ deadly force.

Even if you agree with BLM, and I do have a lot of common ground with them, you have to admit that that sort of situation is a complete powderkeg just waiting for a spark.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m not offering opinions with regards to whether the guy with the NAA revolver was justified or not. That’s not really my place, or something I feel qualified to do.

while I do agree with your statement that it would be a good thing for those on the left to become more pro 2A, I believe it isn’t so cut and dried in situations like this.

While I have no issue with armed protests, The tactics being employed here present a problem. BLM demonstrations have a history of getting out of hand with participants engaging in mob violence. With that sort of background engaging in aggressive and confrontational behavior while armed creates a situation where someone may be more likely to feel their life is in danger and employ deadly force.

Even if you agree with BLM, and I do have a lot of common ground with them, you have to admit that that sort of situation is a complete powderkeg just waiting for a spark.

Yep.

First step is to teach everyone not to point guns at others.

I've been lucky enough to have avoided all the protests and strife, but a bunch of folks have probably been packing all along.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Maybe he intended to shoot them if they continued what they were doing or followed through on something they had threatened.  There isn't enough video available to fully understand the incident.  At what point is it ok to point a gun at someone?  Cooper's rule mentions not pointing your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy, but that's not the same as not pointing "unless you were going to shoot it."  If you never point a gun at someone unless you are going to fire, there would be a lot more police shootings.  How many crimes are avoided by some civilian displaying or pointing a gun at a bad guy without firing a shot?  Some practicioner may be able to wait at low ready or even remain holstered and deal with an immediate threat, but not everyone is able to put that off.  This guy does not look like a practitioner, but that doesn't disqualify him from being able to defend himself.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 3

" Tombstone " comes " To My Old Kentucky Home "... It's everywhere.. SIGH...

Louisville is full of money n pretty white people... It's also full of " inner city thugs " .  This one will be Interestin to watch.

Im bettin on " The Pretty White People ".  They have all the money. I'm also lookin for an uptake in personal security services if the city fathers n mothers dont tamp this thuggery down...

Welcome to " Tombstone " in the bluegrass... 

watchin leroy...

Well lemme see here.... 🤔

I'm sitting there having dinner and suddenly a rowdy crowd of protesters appears and is backing me up against a wall and screaming in my face.  Yeah, I'd think it would be reasonable to feel threatened enough to go into self defense mode. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm sitting there having dinner and suddenly a rowdy crowd of protesters appears and is backing me up against a wall and screaming in my face.  Yeah, I'd think it would be reasonable to feel threatened enough to go into self defense mode. 

And if I were him I'm thinking I wished I had a bigger gun. I imagine he was heckled about that.

• Like 4
  • Moderators
43 minutes ago, seez52 said:

And if I were him I'm thinking I wished I had a bigger gun. I imagine he was heckled about that.

I imagine his friends are giving him crap about it right now. And his response is probably something along the lines of “it’s not stupid if it works!“

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

It would tick me off too, if I couldn't enjoy my meal, that I had paid for. 

"Louisville has seen a surge of violent crime. According to police statistics, murders, rapes and robberies were up more than 81% above the five-year averages in January and February. This followed a 2020 where police retirements and resignations were at a five-year high after Taylor's death. Approximately 15% of the police force left during that time."

Starting to sound familiar in more and more cities lately.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, seez52 said:

Looking at that picture you would almost expect a little flag to pop out of that barrel that says “BANG” LOL.

Better than nothing, but I agree that I’d opt for a little more gun after that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1