why is .38 special so expensive??

On 5/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, Darrell said:

Lead's still fairly easy to get at $2.00 lb.  You can go on eBay right now and buy all you want. And, for once, shipping's pretty reasonable with the post office's flat-rate boxes.  The person who delivers your mail won't like it, though.

fed ex already hates me. I buy dog food from chewy in 50# bags twice a month. Season 9 Chandler GIF by Friends

1 hour ago, kentmck said:

Midway has some Federal 38 Spec. 158 Lead round nose. $55 a box. Nope sorry I can not bring myself to pay those prices.  I will just conserve what little I have. 

I think $ 30 was the highest I paid during Obama panic. And I didn’t buy much. 

I got hit with some high prices due to buying different calibers than what I normally keep. Did so to ensure I would have some choices. (if the store is out of .45 I can buy 9mm). bought my first ever 9mm while looking for a .40 S&W chambered pistol. BECAUSE at the time .40 S&W and .44 mag are the only things on the shelf. It has caught me off guard in that respect, thought there would always be at least a limited supply of everything. Should have known better, last time I couldn't get any .32 ACP.

If you shoot a lot your need to reload goes up a lot. Start collecting brass. Gun shows are a great place to find primers and powder. On line is the best place to get bullets. Think ahead and buy in bulk. As bad as it is, it's going to get worse.

Great way to get away from everybody a couple of nights a week.

• Haha 1