Stood Up/No Show

Is there a place to post someone's number warning people about the guy not showing up? This is the third time that it has happened to me in the last 2 months from different people. A place and a time is agreed upon. I show up and tex the person that I am there, color and make of vehicle but get no responce. They do not respond to texes. I grew up where a person was only as good as his word. What do you do in similiar situations?

• Like 1

if you set a day and time that's as good as your word. Be there! 

Unfortunately, if they don't show, there's not much you can do about it. If you both belong to the same forum, I guess you could leave negative feedback if available.  But I doubt if a post calling him out would fly. Personal attacks not allowed. 

I've had a couple of no shows over the years. One guy actually did have something come up. He apologized later and we rescheduled. The others never replied to my messages. Never heard from them again. All I could do was be pissed. 🤬

Were you buying or selling? Buyers almost always show up. But occasionally, stuff happens. 🙄

Sellers sometimes get a better offer, blow off the deal already made with you and  won't to tell you.  To me, that's dishonest. 💩

• Like 3

I would just call them out in a post here and let people know. I understand things happen, but if I commit to meeting someone for a purchase or sale if I'm going to be late or if something has come up for some unseen circumstances I'm going to text or call you to tell you what's going on. It seems that lately we've had a few scammers on here and that just ruins it for everyone. Just my opinion but I'd call them out on here to let everyone know to be careful if dealing with any of them.

It’s hard to get people to tell you the truth about anything anymore. Trying to buy or sell anything, it’s about impossible to people to talk to you on the phone, it’s like they afraid to speak to you. I understand sometimes it’s easier to text if you at work or just can’t talk at the moment, but if I’m gonna deal with someone I want to speak to you.I can find out more talking to you in 2 or 3 minutes than I can texting or emailing for a week.

I have had good dealings with people on here though.

Edited by jeff43
  • Thanks 1

I'm very forgiving of when people can't make a scheduled appointment.  I'm not forgiving if they don't communicate it.  Life happens and I understand that, but a text, DM, or email takes but a moment.  Like putting your grocery carriage in the space for them instead of leaving it to hit another car, it's one of life's little decency tests that everyone should pass. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Most folks don’t value your time the same as they value their own. If it happened here, by all means, leave a negative feedback. I find the feedback system here very useful for evaluating whether I want to deal with a particular person or not. It takes a while to amass a good reputation and only a moment to destroy one. Just be factual and accurate. Do not let emotion help write the feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the responses and advice. He finally got back to me. He totally forgot. He wanted to reschedule but I told him now or don't bother me. He arived an hour later. All good. Now for the other two people, I guess I will forget them. If their number ever pops up I will let them have an earfull. Thank you again. Felt good to vent abit.

• Like 3

Just for information I am holding onto 4 boxes of 223 soft point that a member on here has spoken for. He is busy and only has one day off a week. He has to play catchup on that day. I was that person years ago so know the feeling. Do you think it's right if I charge him storage🤣🤣🤣🤣 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Nikiski Dave said:

Thank you for the responses and advice. He finally got back to me. He totally forgot. He wanted to reschedule but I told him now or don't bother me. He arived an hour later. All good. Now for the other two people, I guess I will forget them. If their number ever pops up I will let them have an earfull. Thank you again. Felt good to vent abit.

Glad to hear it worked out. 

21 hours ago, gregintenn said:

It takes a while to amass a good reputation and only a moment to destroy one.

Greg this is almost verbatim what my dad told me. He said all you have going for you on this earth is your good name, if you screw it up it will follow you no matter where you go.

He also said as you climb the ladder of success watch the fingers and toes you step on to get there as they are attached to the a$$ you may have to kiss on the way back down.

• Like 2

Dirtshooter, your Dad gave you good advice.

I was taught to always treat folks like the way you want to be treated.

Respect !   It’s all about respect for yourself and others.

Mike

• Like 2