Help with a simple blog type website?

I’m wanting to do a blog type website. I’ve tried just about every free or low cost hosting place on the web I think, but they are so complicated for my 68 YO brain. They all are geared for something fancy, or somebody trying to sell something. I’m just looking for a place to upload some documents on a irregular basis. No pictures, no fancy anything and most of all E A S Y to do. I know we have some ‘putter Xperts in the family, so does anyone know of a place I might could try? E A S Y is the main objective 😆 

Thanks for any input!

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

If I was going to start a simple blog today, I’d probably go with Wordpress.com.  I think they have a free plan, and a really cheap personal plan that removes their branding if that’s important to you.

From there, I’d probably choose SquareSpace.  Again, cheap and simple.

I think Google is still supporting Blogger - which was super simple back in the day.  The only limitation there is you’re tied into the Google universe.

Share a link when you get it up and running. 

• Admin Team

Did you try the "host it yourself" version of WordPress or the one they host for you.  

WordPress.org is the open sourced version that's available to anyone to install and run.  WordPress.com is the commercial variant where they host it for you.

SquareSpace is pretty drag and drop - and there are some good tutorials.

We'll get you running one way or another.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Did you try the "host it yourself" version of WordPress or the one they host for you.  

WordPress.org is the open sourced version that's available to anyone to install and run.  WordPress.com is the commercial variant where they host it for you.

SquareSpace is pretty drag and drop - and there are some good tutorials.

We'll get you running one way or another.

The one I tried was they host for you. I’ll try square space. That sounds like what I need. Thank you Mac! 👍

I tried square space but all I could find to get started with was templates that I had to choose from and that all already had pictures and lots of other stuff that I could not figure out how to delete. It seems they are all that way. You have to learn how to delete and alter a template to even get started. Very aggravating.