Troy Industries coming to Tennessee

26 minutes ago, Omega said:

Heck yea, hope they give us locals some discounts.

That is good news, but you know what they say, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other".

Big fan of Troy products.  Have one of their quad rails on an AR of mine.  Good pickup for the state and a good market for Troy to experiment/expand their offerings if they want to let the guys at Fort Campbell try some things out. 

Also a possible first step if this helps show S&W where they should go in the event Massachusetts forces them to move.  With as big an operation as they have, I don't think they do it unless the legislation leaves them no choice, but they need to be looking at options and Tennessee makes a good one.

23 hours ago, btq96r said:

I don't think they do it unless the legislation leaves them no choice, but they need to be looking at options and Tennessee makes a good one.

Agreed on both counts.  Our politics, the lack of an income tax, and reasonable cost of living already make TN attractive.  And the TN Dept. of Economic and Community Development does a good job with incentives, etc. for these companies.

15 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Beretta was the start.  There are several more from up north that are seriously contemplating moves.

That’s a cool facility. We did some emissions testing from their chrome plating operation a couple years ago. 

It was awesome to see all the different steps in producing the fire arms. 

The military versions have their own area to assemble and inspect. 

• 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Eh, ever since I learned that they were the kind of company to hire and support murderous federal agents who were part of Ruby Ridge, they ceased to exist for me. That’s one company TN could have done without. 

Then I will agree. Ruby Ridge is never far from my mind. All I'm  going to say.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Eh, ever since I learned that they were the kind of company to hire and support murderous federal agents who were part of Ruby Ridge, they ceased to exist for me. That’s one company TN could have done without. 

Others will disagree but thats all I needed to hear to NOT spend with them 

16 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

First I’ve heard of this. Is there a business out there anywhere without a closet full of skeletons?

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Or never knew. What is he infamous for?

Lon Horiuchi’s partner at Ruby Ridge. Defended the killing of Vicki Weaver and said he would have taken the shot. The owner and founder of Troy publicly defended Monroe when the story broke. 

They knew and endorsed the POS. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2021 at 8:01 PM, Chucktshoes said:

Came to post this. They're worse than Black Rifle Coffee Company, IMO. 

Can't believe anyone would give them a single dime. Shameful.

Edited by bobsguns
Fixing the name.
  • Like 1