What is a good, not too expensive AR 10?

RC3

So, I been wanting a 308 again (found around 400 rounds cleaning things out again) and honestly dont want to go the G3 route again. So, I been thinking about getting a AR 10 and adding a scope for some medium distance shooting. Say, 300 yards. Now comes the problem, there are so many of them! BCA and PSA are two that I am leaning towards. The only thing I dont like about the PSA rifles is the chrome barrels. Tried them once and it just isnt my thing. What are some other brand with good AR10's sub $1500?

Edited by RC3

It used to be you could build one for a decent price, but now a day's I dont know if that's possible. S&W makes one but I'm not sure of what they are going for now. I was at Gun & Leather in Greenbriar last Saturday and was tempted to buy a S&W MP-15 AR they had 5 in 5.56 for $785 but a 1000rnds of ammo is more than the AR, so I passed. I did notice they had a few AR's in 308 but I didn't pay attention to the price but I don't think those were over $2000.

If you're not going to suppress it you have a lot more options, although nothing at this time is a bargain.  I had a M&P, a Rock River and an Adams Arms.  All did fine without a silencer attached but had constant function issues with the silencer on the end.  The M&P was an non-modified DI platform.  On the Rock River I installed an adjustable gas block.  The Adams Arm was a piston upper with a gas setting selector.  None of them were reliable for me with the silencer.  I finally went with the Sig Sauer 716 DMR gen 1.  Pretty close to flawless.

DFAEFA58-6C11-47C4-9E48-2DF4AB0E794A.png

Edited by billyblazes
Added pic
13 hours ago, RC3 said:

So, I been wanting a 308 again (found around 400 rounds cleaning things out again) and honestly dont want to go the G3 route again. So, I been thinking about getting a AR 10 and adding a scope for some medium distance shooting. Say, 300 yards. Now comes the problem, there are so many of them! BCA and PSA are two that I am leaning towards. The only thing I dont like about the PSA rifles is the chrome barrels. Tried them once and it just isnt my thing. What are some other brand with good AR10's sub $1500?

There is a great AR10 in the for sale section...😉

1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

There is a great AR10 in the for sale section...😉

I saw, but I was trying to stick around a grand for now. German car parts arent cheap. Dont know why I keep buying german cars.