Western holster rig makers in Tennessee?

I’m looking for a Western holster rig. It’s tough to tell the quality from internet pictures. If you have one you are happy with, or know of any Tennessee holsters makers that make those kind of rigs, please let me know. Thanks

Thanks guys, it looks like El Paso Saddlery and Triple K are the only options that have reasonable pricing and delivery times for what I want. (El Paso could take 4 months. I’m spoiled with same day or 2 day shipping most everywhere. But I understand they don’t make a lot of these anymore 🙃)

Seeing holster quality on the internet is impossible. I’m still hoping to find someone local that makes holsters. But no luck yet.

I have the Black Hills Bandito rig https://www.blackhillsleather.com/shop/western-rigs-leather/western-rigs/bhb-the-black-hills-bandito-rig/ in the dark chestnut with silver buckle and belt tip with .38/.357 cartridge loops.  It appears to have gone up since I bought mine.  It is a very high quality rig and I am pleased with it.  I also have some Triple K that do just fine for knock about stuff.

46 minutes ago, tacops said:

I have the Black Hills Bandito rig https://www.blackhillsleather.com/shop/western-rigs-leather/western-rigs/bhb-the-black-hills-bandito-rig/ in the dark chestnut with silver buckle and belt tip with .38/.357 cartridge loops.  It appears to have gone up since I bought mine.  It is a very high quality rig and I am pleased with it.  I also have some Triple K that do just fine for knock about stuff.

Thanks,

Do you think the Black Hills is better quality than the Triple K? The Triple K #40 & 41 I'm looking at is $533 at Americasgunstore.com, (if they have it) and over $660 on the Triple K website.

https://www.americasgunstore.com/products-page/single-rig/triple-k-40-41-texan-lined-holster-and-buscadero-lined-drop-belt-for-gun-group-15-guns-colt-saa-ruger-vaquero-etc-5-5/?nb=1

The only drop belt holster combination I see at Black Hills is The Hunter. Its $400.

https://www.blackhillsleather.com/shop/western-rigs-leather/western-rigs/bh73-the-hunter/

(Black, Basketweave Tooling, New Model Blackhawk Convertible 0463, 5.5” .45 Colt, Size 44” on both options)

My experience with Triple K has been only with the Cheyenne series which are good utilitarian holsters so I can't compare to the one you linked.  Black Hills has more Buscadero (Drop) holsters in the Hollywood Rig category on their web site.  I called Black Hills and talked directly to Rudy Lazano when I ordered mine and discussed sizing and options.  I bought mine for CAS shooting but due to my work schedule I was only able to make matches for about 6 months.  Now it hangs in my study.  I have other buscadero holsters but prefer the ride height of the BHB rig.  There are many really good holster manufacturers out there and El Paso is one of them as mentioned above.  There is a CAS shooter called "Curly Bill" who shoots with the Oak Ridge Outlaws who makes some really nice stuff.  If you want to deal with an independent custom craftsman I can rustle up his real name or you might find it on their website.

Edited by tacops

If ya are into " period correct " leather and canvas goods, this ole boy here is your man... More than that, he resides in Bulls Gap, TN... An old and honored location in Tennessee.  He has made several holsters for my Ruger SA vaqueros, belts, and ammo pouches... 

He is arrow straight,  a great leather craftsman,  and an all round good guy... Highly recommended...   https://jm-leather.com/

leroy...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, leroy said:

If ya are into " period correct " leather and canvas goods, this ole boy here is your man... More than that, he resides in Bulls Gap, TN... An old and honored location in Tennessee.  He has made several holsters for my Ruger SA vaqueros, belts, and ammo pouches... 

He is arrow straight,  a great leather craftsman,  and an all round good guy... Highly recommended...   https://jm-leather.com/

leroy...

Thanks Leroy. I’ve looked at his rigs before. I want a low ride like a “Drop Loop” or I guess sometimes called a Buscadero? It appears he doesn’t do those since he has a link on his website to someone that does, and appears to be in Corinth MS, actually closer to me than he is.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, DaveTN said:

You guys in East Tennessee have all the good gun stuff. But hey, we have guitars and whiskey! 🤣

It ain't all bad on the east end...there a 1973 Gibson Gospel in the corner of the study and a bottle of Blanton's single barrel on the roll top desk.😉

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

Okay, one more bump before I have to order something to get it by next year. I’ve found a couple of local makers, but they didn’t have anything to show build quality or leather quality.

So far it looks like if I have to order, maybe Black Hills or Mernickle.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Okay, one more bump before I have to order something to get it by next year. I’ve found a couple of local makers, but they didn’t have anything to show build quality or leather quality.

have you checked Arrington tack and gun shop?

I had to look it up. It is Triune Guns and Trailers now. Used to carry local made leather there. Along with saddlery.

Edited by papa61
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Pm sent

• 2 weeks later...