Anybody know anything about Girsan 1911's ?

Quavodus

Both of those brands are good, not sure of your budget but if it were me and I'll wanted a base gun to do some upgraded customization on I would look at a Springfield Armory GI basic model. Then depending on if you are going to do the work your self then I would send the Slide to Novack for upgrading the sights, then I'd head over to John Harrison website and pick up the rest of the parts you would need to customize it your self. If you are going to make a carry gun I'd change out the GI style safety, GI Beaver Tail for a Modern one, and get a John Harrison colplete Trigger upgrade kit(his is about the best). If your really wanting one of the other two I'm sure that everything I listed could be had at his site, look it up and give him a call and explain to him what you are wanting to do and he'll give you his honest opinion on what mods are best for your budget. Good luck on your search and report back your decision.

20 hours ago, DJTC45 said:

Both of those brands are good, not sure of your budget but if it were me and I'll wanted a base gun to do some upgraded customization on I would look at a Springfield Armory GI basic model. Then depending on if you are going to do the work your self then I would send the Slide to Novack for upgrading the sights, then I'd head over to John Harrison website and pick up the rest of the parts you would need to customize it your self. If you are going to make a carry gun I'd change out the GI style safety, GI Beaver Tail for a Modern one, and get a John Harrison colplete Trigger upgrade kit(his is about the best). If your really wanting one of the other two I'm sure that everything I listed could be had at his site, look it up and give him a call and explain to him what you are wanting to do and he'll give you his honest opinion on what mods are best for your budget. Good luck on your search and report back your decision.

Thanks, I looked at John Harrison's website a little. Nice stuff and good prices too. 

I purchased the SDS pistols in both 9mm and .45ACP.  Took them to range to break them in.  Wow!  They ran like butter.  Not one failure to feed, stove pipe, or jam.  For an inexpensive pistol, I’m impressed 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Quavodus said:

How much does the Tisas usually run?

I got this one new, off Harvey's Pistol and Pawn's Auction site for $400.  Total cost out the door is $436. I just put it in lay-a-way.  Probably will get it out in a couple of months. 

www.harveysauctions.com

15 hours ago, Beltfed said:

Here in Knoxville I paid $469.00 before tax for the .45, less for the 9mm.  Word is getting out on these and price is creeping up.

I think that's a steal on a quality 1911! 

Harvey's has an SDS Imports Tisas 1911a1 Service 9mm on auction right now for $350.

Edited by Moped