Covid and international travel.

You need to have a test before getting on the plane or entering a foreign country. It has to be less than 72 hours old and approved by the airline and the country. It doesn't leave a large margin of error. My Wife and Daughter are traveling for my Daughter's graduation present. My birthday and my Daughter's birthday are extremely close and my wife put the wrong day on her covid test and my Daughter was denied entry into the country 5 hours before she was about to leave. The country would not let her in without a new form from the lab. 

We had 3 options. 

1. They don't go and 6k is lost. 

2. Get someone at the lab at 11:00 at night and get it fixed. 

3. Something my Wife really wants me to explain when she gets back. 

I go to work on 2 and 3. I can't get the lab, but I can get to the people that can get to the lab. That angle works, but could take 48 hours.  After a little work plan 3 in nailed down. They get on the plane without approval of the receiving country. Finally get the correction from the lab. Submit correction to the receiving country.  My Daughter gets approved in the air. 

1. I hate this covid BS.

2. The airline didn't catch the mistake. 

3. I hate covid. 

• Wow 1

Sorry to hear about the hassle. As someone who loves traveling internationally ill have to rethink how I travel from here on out. Very fortunate I've been where I have been in my life I guess. 

Where did they travel to if you don't mind me asking ?

10 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Sorry to hear about the hassle. As someone who loves traveling internationally ill have to rethink how I travel from here on out. Very fortunate I've been where I have been in my life I guess. 

Where did they travel to if you don't mind me asking ?

Turks and Caicos

• Like 2

Friend at work headed to Hawaii yesterday. They had to jump through some hoops to find a test site that was approved both by Hawaii and the airline, get tested and get the results approved the day before they left. Definitely some stress there, I'm sure your situation was much worse. Glad you found a solution. 

Edited by peejman
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1