A Bit Suspicious

It's kinda peculiar that I have had 2 packages in recent history both get to our main hub only to fall victim to the ever dreaded USPS running late and delivery date unknown.

Now what聽makes it a bit suspicious is the fact that I had 2 packages arrive at the hub on the same day but only 1 package is now late.

Both times I have had this coincidence happen was with bullet orders from the manufacturer-now I know what your thinking-just large heavy orders-nope only 500 bullets per order.

Just seems a little off-and I am not fond of the just a coincidence theory.馃

The USPS distribution center in Memphis is a mess. I've had packages run perfectly on schedule from the shipper only to arrive in Memphis and suddenly disappear for a week or more. I've also had packages arrive in Memphis only to be shipped off again to some totally unrelated city. Calling this place incompetent would be a complement.聽馃挬

• Like 6

聽Shipped some magazines to a TGO member in Nashville, I live near Memphis. I paid for 2 day delivery. The box went to Atlanta and tracing said out for delivery. It took 6 days to get to Nashville. If you ship USPS overnight it is either carried by FedEx or UPS.聽聽I'm retired FedEx so from now on, you guessed it!聽

• Like 1

Deerslayer just noticed "your" distress flag. This country is indeed in distress. I was putting up a new Christian flag under our American flag and I asked the pastor if I could invert it, he chuckled and said better not, but we are under distress.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

I just received a N-vision 35mm NOX. They put in a pelican case and put the pelican case in a cardboard box. Guess what's all over the box.聽

N-vision聽

Nightvision equipment.聽

A reticle聽

All the stuff that says "Take me".

sounds like the old airline rules

P.S. be thankful it isn't international shipping.

Edited by papa61
added info
9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

There are no shortage of tales on the Internet of USPS Memphis/Southhaven issues. 聽Based on how the post office is run and the general work ethic there, it鈥檚 the perfect storm of inefficiency.聽

I鈥檝e noticed that the USPS does a fabulous job for me....as long as a package doesn鈥檛 go through that hub. If it does, you can bet it will be as well traveled as Hank Snow once it finally reaches it鈥檚聽destination. I鈥檝e seen tracking lists pages long.

• Like 2

Just for reference if you have to deal with an International shipment, DHL is awesome based on my past experiences.聽 聽 My latest shipment through them was from Estonia and I got it either 3 or 4 days (back last year so I don't remember for sure).聽 聽 聽The speed at which it was traveling across Europe prior to getting on a plane was impressive.聽 聽 聽The shipping charge was around $23 USD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Trekbike said:

DHL is awesome based on my past experiences.聽

Maybe for international shipping they're good. About 10 years ago I bought a rifle from a guy in St. Louis. He shipped it DHL. It took a week for it to get to me traveling by way of Waco, TX.聽馃檮

I use anybody else.聽

On 6/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, Grayfox54 said:

The USPS distribution center in Memphis is a mess. I've had packages run perfectly on schedule from the shipper only to arrive in Memphis and suddenly disappear for a week or more. I've also had packages arrive in Memphis only to be shipped off again to some totally unrelated city. Calling this place incompetent would be a complement.聽馃挬

I often order from a company in OH.聽 The Toledo* distro center is terrible at holding my stuff for a week with no updates and then all of a sudden it leaves that black hole and I get normal updates and movement.

Edited by Daniel
13 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Maybe for international shipping they're good.

Yes, I was specifically referencing international shipping for DHL.聽 聽 聽 聽I believe they are the preferred shipper for most European countries from what I've seen.聽 聽 聽They are based out of Germany.聽 聽

This isn't just a Memphis hub problem.聽 This has been happening everywhere in the US.聽 This is the tracking info from a recent purchase.

June 4 - Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility - Santa Barbara, CA

June 10 - Arrived at USPS Regional Facility - Anchorage, AK

June 11 - Departed USPS Regional Facility - Anchorage, AK

June 14 - Delivered In/At Mailbox - Memphis, TN

1591218328_TTILifter.thumb.png.915e3ca7a67b82d514b866ca3f5404c4.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1