Welp, I guess its official.

I guess I'm now officially the neighborhood gun guy. 馃檮
I've never really flaunted my hobby. But I guess the neighbors have noticed when I load up and go to the range or occasionally go to the mailbox without covering my EDC.聽
Yesterday one of my neighbors, an聽older lady around 70, knocked on my door. Seems that she had heard that I was good with guns and asked for my help. She recently bought a Sig P365. She had field striped it for cleaning but when she put it back together she couldn't get the take down lever to go back into proper position.
I took a look. I know these are good guns and folks speak highly of them. However, I have no personal experience with them. Fortunately a few minutes on YouTube was all it took to discover the little trick of pushing up on the slide lock to seat it.聽馃槈
I showed her how to do it and she caught right on. 馃榾
Today she came back. She had purchased four extra magazines. (smart lady) But for her model the floor plates needed to be changed out. The correct parts are included. Again to YouTube and I swapped out the floor plates in just a few minutes. 馃榾
She was very appreciative and thanked me over and over. I told her that helping is what neighbors are for.聽
BTW: I asked her about ammo and she said she had gotten up at 4:30 am to be first in line at Academy. She has enough for her needs.聽馃槈

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 9

I had a buddy who ran a gun store for a while. He鈥檇 call me to ask what I thought about trades pretty often. He鈥檇 also give me good deals on trade ins I was interested in. Sometimes it鈥檚 good to be the gun guy.

40 minutes ago, papa61 said:

I don't envy being "that guy" People expect a lot. But it is nice to be recognized, congrats!

Try being the reloader and bullet caster, in your office.聽馃ぃ

• Haha 3