AAR TN/GA/AL Training Group at Dodd and Associates

On June 5th some members the TN/GA/AL training group did a private class at Ronnie Dodd's range in Sale Creek TN ( https://doddtraining.com/) and spent the day shooting the Rogers Reactive Target Range. Some of you may be familiar with the Rogers Shooting School. Ronnie was the chief instructor at Rogers for 15 years and he has two bays (and soon to be three) of the Rogers Reactive Targets at his range in Sale Creek. I took the class in 2015 and got an Advanced Ranking and use some of their methodologies in my own classes (http://harriscombative.com) . We have known each other for over 20 years so Ronnie and I conspired to put together a private class for the TN/GA/AL Training Group so that they could experience the Rogers system without having to sign up for the full class , and so that they'd have a better feel for why I recommend it so highly. 

This was a chance for my training group guys (and gals) to learn first hand about "Reactive Shooting" where you have a minimal amount of time to shoot a target that will appear and then disappear. Just like in a real life, you won't have all the time you want, just the time that is available. Ronnie presented the material just as he would in a full blown class and I assisted by shooting demos for the drills and providing coaching to the shooters. They essentially shot about 80% of Day 1 of the Rogers Reactive class. It was both challenging and fun and as one member said.... "Everyone had both victories and defeats without it being soul crushing ...and it was a lot of fun, plus we didn't have to pay for the full class to get a taste of what it is all about....I'm looking forward to signing up for the full class sometime now."

A couple of the participants are TGO regulars and hopefully they will pop in and comment. 

The Range....

IMG_3141.jpg

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

I can't add much to what Randy said except to say that this was a whole different "animal". You have to experience it, to really understand it.

The instruction/coaching was on target (see what I did there?) without being too much (what you need but nothing you don't). I highly recommend it. It pushes the student and gives one "perspective".

• Like 1

I've always heard of the Roger's Shooting School...on my bucket list.  Even moreso since I got a taste of it at Ronnie Dodd's range in Sale Creek.  Ronnie has a lot of shooting/training experience, 15 yrs of it at the Roger's school.  Coupled with Randy's instruction this is quite an experience.  Wish I had access to it everyday.  A unique training oppurtunity with which concepts can't help to make one a better shooter.  You don't know what you don't know has no better example than this.  You owe it to yourself to experience this at least once.