SOLD Honda Foreman 450 4x4

18 hours ago, derf said:

Mine is a 2000 and I would be asked so much more than that for it. It you were closer, I'd buy it in a heart beat. mine is even the same color. Doesn't bother deer and I can find it in the woods. 

If it wasn't making this noise I would be asking a lot more for it.  Someone with the knowhow (these engines aren't complicated I've rebuilt a few)  could have this running like new for a couple hundred dollars.  I still may tear it down and fix it before selling if someone here doesn't want it.  I just have a lot of irons in the fire right now and don't really need another project. 

13 hours ago, Frog4aday said:

I appreciate that two of you failed to get clear titles for your ATVs, contrary to TN law, and it worked out for you. My luck is never so good. I'm sure the OP will find a buyer.

I've owned four wheelers and dirt bikes for the past 20 years and never titled anything that wasn't legally going to be put on the road.  I would be very interested to know what requirements you are referring to and how it would be enforced.  Would you happen to have a TCA number for the requirements that you speak of?

33 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I've owned four wheelers and dirt bikes for the past 20 years and never titled anything that wasn't legally going to be put on the road.  I would be very interested to know what requirements you are referring to and how it would be enforced.  Would you happen to have a TCA number for the requirements that you speak of?

When I got mine some years ago, I got the sticker for it, one time issue that I am aware of, but haven't purchased another so don't know if the rules have changed.  But I think this only applies if on State land, private land may not need one.  Here is some info:

https://tnclerks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000359403-Off-Highway-Vehicles-Class-I-II-Vehicles

Off-Highway Vehicles + Class I/II Vehicles

AUTHORITY:
Tenn. Code Ann. Sections 55-3-101(c)(2), 55-4-101, and 55-8-101, Public Chapter 155 (2019)

DESCRIPTION:

Off highway motor vehicles are vehicles that are not driven or moved on the public highway. They are generally referred to as all terrain vehicles (ATV’s) and are limited to:

Motorcycles commonly referred to as dirt bikes.

Snowmobiles or other vehicles designed to travel exclusively on snow or ice.

Any motor vehicle commonly referred to as a sand buggy, dune buggy, four-wheeler or an all-terrain vehicle.

Motorized bicycles, except when voluntarily registered.

If a title has been issued for an off-highway vehicle, a Tennessee Department of Revenue (TDR) sticker must be affixed to the vehicle as evidence that a title has been issued. The sticker is non renewable and non-transferable and becomes invalid when the vehicle is sold or dismantled. A TDR sticker must be affixed to any ATV operated in many federal or state owned facilities such as parks and game reserves.

TDR stickers are issued by the County Clerks.

REQUIREMENTS:

MSO or Certificate of Title properly assigned to the owner. If purchasing a new vehicle:

A bill of sale or new car invoice, indicating sales tax collected by the selling dealer.

If vehicle is purchase as part of a casual sale, a Certificate of Title should be properly assigned and the County Clerk will collect the sales tax.

From DMV.org:

All-Terrain Vehicles in TN

Since you can't operate your all-terrain vehicle (ATV) on public roads and highways, you don't have to register it. You do have to title it, though.

To obtain the ATV title in your name you will need to visit your local TN DOR office in person. You may need to provide:

You will need to pay a fee of $11 for your title certificate.

Tennessee:

It is mandatory to title your ATV, but there is no need to register or provide proof of liability insurance.  All operators and passengers of ATVs are required to wear a safety helmet.  If a person wishes to operate their ATV before sunrise or after sunset, the ATV must have head and tail lights that illuminate up to 200 feet.  ATV’s are permitted to cross a highway that is two lanes and not a part of the interstate systems.

See more Tennessee ATV Laws in our Complete Guide.

From Tennessee law:

(c) (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law to the contrary, off-highway motor vehicles purchased after June 1, 1983, shall be subject to the certificate of title and special identification device provisions of this chapter and § 55-6-101, when such off-highway motor vehicles are operated on lands, other than a highway, in this state.