Involuntarily Retired, but Still Kicking!

After 43 years of chasing drilling rigs around the world, the Chinese virus and the 4th major industry downturn finally kicked me out'a the saddle!

Western Tennessee / Fayette County has been home for the past 15 years, so I'm planning on staying here. Me 'n the wife have kids, grandkids, and great grands scattered from Central Florida to NW Arkansas - so we're "centrally located" for visits! LOL!

I'm a long-time hunter, occasional fisherman, reloader, bullet caster, and general firearms enthusiast and am looking forward  to continuing in those lines for some time to come - regardless of the shortages for components. 

I look forward to swapping info, experiences, and mayhaps a few tales!

WYT-P

Skyhunter

• Like 1

Glad to see another mid-southerner. I'm in Collierville and think we should form a west TN group to meet up maybe once a month for shooting, lunch or whatever. I've got 6 grandkids and my first great grandkid on the way. Let me tell you brother getting old ain't for Sissies! Contact me anytime. 

I was a geophysical well logging engineer for too many years.  I set foot in more foreign places than I can remember.  What did you do around the borehole?  
I always wanted but never got the tee shirt that said…

We trip for days at a time.

Our dope comes in five gallon buckets

Our joints are 20 feet long.

Our boss is a pusher.

• Like 1

Welcome neighbor! I'm not far from you at all. 😉

4 hours ago, derf said:

think we should form a west TN group to meet up maybe once a month for shooting, lunch or whatever.

I could go for that. But don't look to me to set it up. I'm about as unorganized as they come. 🙄

Howdy Skyhunter retirement is what you make it. It is hard going from getting up everyday and having to be somewhere to all of a sudden you can sit on the back porch and drink coffee all day long. I retired from the chemical business that we primarily sold to the Oil patch. Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Texas. I retired in 2014 and my former co-workers have taken several paycuts since then. That would have to suck to do the same job for a lot less money.