308 and 300 black out ammo

Anyone know what the going rates are for 308 and 300 black out?  Looking at getting a new upper and since 458 has been less than pleasing, 300 black out seems like a more reasonable caliber. I know prices are still crazy, so any info is appreciated.

Edited by RC3
Added ammo
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, swiley383 said:

PSA has had some uppers and build kits at decent prices. Also AR15 discount has some barrels and other parts on sale if you want to go that route. Stag has some 308 stuff in stock but haven’t checked prices.

I am referring to ammo

10 hours ago, RC3 said:

Anyone know what the going rates are for 308 and 300 black out?  Looking at getting a new upper and since 458 has been less than pleasing, 300 black out seems like a more reasonable caliber. I know prices are still crazy, so any info is appreciated.

I shoot an ton of both. And the answer to your question is, it depends. I load all of my ammo and both are run through semiautos in places I can't pick up my brass. Snakes are a problem and it's a big no no to pick up brass at night. If I'm hunting pigs the I have to run premium bullets, but all my brass is free.  With the 308, I have to pay for the brass and bullets. However I can use the cheapest 150 softpoints I can find. The blackout becomes more expensive to shoot than the 308. The blackout is also less effective on running pigs. If I'm hunting deer the blackout doesn't require a $0.80 bullet so it becomes cheaper. 

For production ammo current rates in my area are $1-1.10 a round for plinking grade 300 blackout and .308/7.62x51. On the rare occasion that I’ve seen match grade or hunting .308 in stock it’s running $2-$2.75 per round. I saw some 300 blackout last week that was marketed as a hunting projectile and it was $1.72 per round. Hope that helps.

8 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

For production ammo current rates in my area are $1-1.10 a round for plinking grade 300 blackout and .308/7.62x51. On the rare occasion that I’ve seen match grade or hunting .308 in stock it’s running $2-$2.75 per round. I saw some 300 blackout last week that was marketed as a hunting projectile and it was $1.72 per round. Hope that helps.

Thanks. That was what I was trying to find out. Going to be listing 308 rounds and needed a base point.