ATF notice of proposed rule change AR pistols

44 minutes ago, Moped said:

So glad I didn't buy into that particular craze.  I almost did a couple of years ago, but felt like something like this would come along.

With that logic it’s amazing that you are into guns at all 😂.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

With that logic it’s amazing that you are into guns at all 😂.

Count me into that. So, a gun owner can't anticipate our ####ty government acting the way they always act? Doesn't mean I agree with them. I just saw it coming. Bump stocks too.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I have a buttload of them. No short barrels and no bump stocks. I really liked the pistol brace idea, but always viewed it as low hanging fruit.

I really couldnt believe they ever said they were kosher.  

• Like 2

The cheaky bastards got creative this time.  A means test that's designed to rule you own an SBR...sneaky concept.  Of course, creating a legal SBR that bypassed the NFA process was absolutely the point of these braces from the get go. 

The biggest loss locally will be in truck guns.  Having an AR, AK, or PCC for that role will be looked back upon as the salad days of gun ownership.

Or just SBR them from the get go and don't worry about it.  The amount of money and time most spend bitching about it, they could just get a stamp and be done with it.   This isn't a statement on if we should need stamps to start with simply that it isn't that hard or expensive to just get one.

1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

Or just SBR them from the get go and don't worry about it.  The amount of money and time most spend bitching about it, they could just get a stamp and be done with it.   This isn't a statement on if we should need stamps to start with simply that it isn't that hard or expensive to just get one.

Yeah, with a whole buttload of restrictions. There's a reason I don't have any NFA items either. Has nothing to do with the 200 bucks.

• Like 3

This whole thing is nothin but more weaponized gubt intrusion used as a cudgel to punish gunowners for wrongthink.  Ya have pistol rules now.  These bast#!$s are tryin to change existing rules to punish that wrongthink.  It's another proof of the need to sweep the ATF and the " Injustice " Department clean. Welcome to the era of weaponized lawfare...

leroy...

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, leroy said:

Welcome to the era of weaponized lawfare...

leroy...

This has been going on since the beginning of time.  They just acquire a new target depending on the day.  I do like the term as it succinctly states the reality. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

This has been going on since the beginning of time.  They just acquire a new target depending on the day.  I do like the term as it succinctly states the reality. 

Yep. Government can be real harmful. Caution is advised.

• Like 1

I suspect much like the bump stock ban, the 6th and other rational district(s) will block this from taking effect. 

It clearly has no basis in the law.

Edited by JayC
  • Like 2

I have put in some comments asking for ruling to be withdrawn. Maybe if they get enough it might help. A mute point at this time if you have a braced weapon or not. This ruling is a serious hit on the 2nd Amendment and is only the beginning. Much more so than the previous Bump Stock ruling. I always regretted not writing my elected representatives, ATF and the President on that one even though personally I did not think much of Bump Stocks.

• Like 2

😀 at the optimism and short memory of gun owners. 

If the ATF decides a gun is this, that, or the other, it is law until the courts decide otherwise. 

Bump stock ban...direct order of DJT.

This new proposal is a quagmire designed for one thing and one thing only.  Read the grading proposal.  

Congress has nothing to do with it and when the obligatory public comments are dismissed then the new regulation takes effect.  It will carry the weight of law.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1