Murfreesboro Show this weekend

40 minutes ago, FJCrusing said:

Honest question.  Is it really worth paying $14.50 entrance fee to go look at overpriced ammo & guns?  What's the draw anymore?  Haven't been to a gun show in years. 

$10 entry. Prices are equal to shops/online sales. Stuff the local shops don't have. They still have them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Has anyone been? Is it packed? Is there parking in their lot?

Last time I went there was a huge line out the door, nutz to butts inside, and you had to park out in the surrounding neighborhoods.

I’m  curious too. You’re closer than I am.😁

4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Has anyone been? Is it packed? Is there parking in their lot?

Last time I went there was a huge line out the door, nutz to butts inside, and you had to park out in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Just got back. plenty of room, parking lot was ALMOST full. some good deals, good supply of ammo. prices were down from last show in Lebanon.

• Like 2

Talked the wife into going with me. She has a huge black eye where her and the puppy met over a sock. Endured the looks and didn't care. Told my wife anybody who thinks I could hit her that hard would leave me alone. Missed the opportunity to say "my dog did it".

The downside is I now have to save for her a "new" revolver. Yeah, I have to find her a DA .22 with the old small butt like a S&W. I didn't touch the one she saw since it is blue and I don't want to be the one to mess up that purty finish.
I on;y know two revolvers from S&W, 66 and 29 so this should be fun.

15 minutes ago, papa61 said:

The downside is I now have to save for her a "new" revolver. Yeah, I have to find her a DA .22 with the old small butt like a S&W. I didn't touch the one she saw since it is blue and I don't want to be the one to mess up that purty finish.
I on;y know two revolvers from S&W, 66 and 29 so this should be fun.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

does the 63 have the same grip frame as the 22/32 kit gun? She has very small hands and likes the small grip panels.
image.jpeg.0cc83ff113474789a40f11077b59083f.jpegthe one we saw I don't think was a kit gun. if I recall it had fixed sights.

Edited by papa61
9 hours ago, papa61 said:

does the 63 have the same grip frame as the 22/32 kit gun? She has very small hands and likes the small grip panels.
image.jpeg.0cc83ff113474789a40f11077b59083f.jpegthe one we saw I don't think was a kit gun. if I recall it had fixed sights.

The model you posted a pic of looks like a early 43 or pre 43 which is a J frame. The 63 Garufa linked is the same frame but different (larger) grip. That can always be swapped for a smaller grip if you need/want it. Fixed vs adjustable sights depends on the model you're considering. The top gun in the pic is a model 34 kit gun with adjustable sights 

20210612_150010.jpg

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

If you want to go cheaper look at the Ruger SP-101 in .22, I have a stainless model and it is a good shooter and has a small grip.

that is a possibility. I'll keep my eyes open and find the S&W she liked. She isn't enthused about firearms in general so whatever it takes is worth it. I would actually prefer the Ruger for myself or the 9 round Taurus.