Grand Torino

Guys. I know I don’t post much. Mainly just a lot of reading to learn. Well it’s time for me to do a little teaching 

If you do not have one of GT’s knives get one or two 

I have several custom made knives and have wanted to get one of Grand Torino’s because they look good. In the past I have always been a day late and yeah sometimes a dollar short. But NOT THIS TIME. 

His craftsmanship is top shelf. The fit and finish on this knife is probably the best these hands have held. And the edge( while not yet proven) is super sharp   I am rough on a knife and I’m sure to do a follow up on how well it preforms 

GT. Thank You Sir 

D7A29418-C1FD-4C7E-9115-0DCD6D214AEE.jpeg

1BAA7091-6C37-4219-9A6C-5C051A4284A8.jpeg

FB6611CB-5AE6-447C-9366-0AF035581F3F.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If there's no other reason to join TGO, and there are many, the craftsmen who offer their wares for sale here are more than reason enough to join.

I have several of his knives and hope to have more in the future. No idea how he sells them so cheap, but I'm sure glad he does.

• Like 2

I have 2 for myself, and got one as a gift for a deer hunter I know.  He won't use it for skinning, etc., says it too "pretty" to use.  LOL.  I'm not a knowledgeable person on knifes, but they are super nice to look at, and Don is a super nice guy on top of that.  

• Like 2

Not really being a real knowledgeable person on knives, I just have to say I like the looks of GT's knives. I think I have bought 10 since i first saw his postings.  No real use for them. I don't carry a fixed blade. Why??? Just like them. lol That, and a fondness for Damascus gets me into trouble with GT products. 

I also have been mumbling about asking for a custom Bowie. Just haven't really do it yet.

And for your liking peejman...the upper one in the pic is absolutely gorgeous! Wish I'd gotten to it before you.  

16 hours ago, hipower said:

Not really being a real knowledgeable person on knives, I just have to say I like the looks of GT's knives. I think I have bought 10 since i first saw his postings.  No real use for them. I don't carry a fixed blade. Why??? Just like them. lol That, and a fondness for Damascus gets me into trouble with GT products. 

I also have been mumbling about asking for a custom Bowie. Just haven't really do it yet.

And for your liking peejman...the upper one in the pic is absolutely gorgeous! Wish I'd gotten to it before you.  

I'm glad you didn't. 😉   Though there's been several over the years that I've been glad someone else got before my resolve wore down. 

I carry mine when camping, hiking, doing scout activities, that sort of thing. I don't wear it at work. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Authorized Vendor

To those waiting for a Bowie I have two at the sheath maker (1911alltheway) now working his magic. These are probably the two nicest Bowies I've made to date. One is a first for me....completely stainless.  As to when the a ready it's up to him as he is awaiting parts. Not only is there a shortage of paper products, meat and poultry but leather goods as well. Who knew?

20 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

To those waiting for a Bowie I have two at the sheath maker (1911alltheway) now working his magic. These are probably the two nicest Bowies I've made to date. One is a first for me....completely stainless.  As to when the a ready it's up to him as he is awaiting parts. Not only is there a shortage of paper products, meat and poultry but leather goods as well. Who knew?

I'll certainly keep an eye open! Been absent recently, but watching for a GT Bowie could get me back more often!