Can anyone on here move a safe?? Nashville

I moved my Browning with an appliance dolly and a couple of young guys. Wrapped it in moving blankets and shrink wrap. Set the uhaul ramp in the front door and rolled in onto the truck. We thought we were all gonna die at least once.

Had bigger boys when I got to ky. My little brother rolled it off the truck by himself. From the look on his face, he thought he was gonna die the whole time. No dents or scratches on anything. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Bad Habit said:

I have moved my 1100 lbs save many times by using a bunch of 2 foot, 1 1/4 inch PVC pipes. Roll one out from under the back and put it in the front as you advance. Super easy and it is high enough to go over door thresholds.  It's TOO easy!

That'll work great once he gets it there, but the whole 2.7 mile trip would take a long time.  If you can rent a truck with a lift gate, that pipe trick should work very well to and from the lift.

• Like 1

Thanks Gang! 

All good info, actually found a really nice guy out of Springfield. Did the job himself for a lot lot less than 200 bucks per mile. AND moved my monster snap on box with it at no extra cost. He handled it like a pro, all 800 lbs of it. totally impressed the heck out of me.If anyone wants his number DM me.His name is Devin, and he was 5 star all the way. Showed up early, no drama, no BS ing around. He doesn't do steps due to liability.Out of all the vendors we use at work, he wins my best of 2021. 

• Like 4