Possibly the ugliest FAL on the planet

• Moderators

And it’s mine. 

fSBEoJi.jpg

This is an CAI built, AWB era Izzy heavy barrel on an Imbel receiver. Still not sure what way I’m going with it, but it will be rehabbed and turned into a legitimate FAL once again. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Imbel. 😬

Nice!  Since so much probably needs to be de-banned I'd probably go the way of a modern/para build around that imbel receiver; unless you can find a good Brazilian kit to pair with it.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, viscero said:

Nice!  Since so much probably needs to be de-banned I'd probably go the way of a modern/para build around that imbel receiver; unless you can find a good Brazilian kit to pair with it.

I don’t dig the modernized FAL’s so much. I have a early DSA FAL on an LMT receiver that was converted to a para-FAL by Mark Graham at ARS. 

I’m most likely going to throw an Imbel barrel group I can get on there than then piece together a lower with as much Imbel parts I can acquire. Then sell the Izzy HB group to recoup some costs. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

My condolences.🤢

Not necessary. I’m very, very happy about this acquisition. Even in this horrible configuration, I stole it for the price I paid for it. The receiver alone is worth as much or more than I paid for it. 

• Like 4

Damn that's ugly. With money and time it can be restored to it's glory.

I always wanted a FAL and then last year I traded for one from a guy. It's built on a Hesse receiver so that puts a sour taste in most peoples mouths. It does have the correct widows peak feed ramps and what little I've shot it it's functioned just fine. It has a new barrel installed in it from DSA and a few new DAS mags with it too. I figure if it craps out I will just get a new Receiver and build it back. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
54 minutes ago, felinesNfreedom said:

Damn that's ugly. With money and time it can be restored to it's glory.

I always wanted a FAL and then last year I traded for one from a guy. It's built on a Hesse receiver so that puts a sour taste in most peoples mouths. It does have the correct widows peak feed ramps and what little I've shot it it's functioned just fine. It has a new barrel installed in it from DSA and a few new DAS mags with it too. I figure if it craps out I will just get a new Receiver and build it back. 

If I’m patient and don’t get into a hurry, after recouping costs by selling the takeoffs, I should be able to get this done for less than $1k all in including original purchase price. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, alleycat72 said:

Really wish you could get sub moa out of these guns. The cetme and fal are just cool guns.

We have a CETME, it REALLY likes steel cased ammo, and the way it spits out the spent cases it is no good to shoot brass and try to find the cases. It will shoot half min of paper plate out past 100 yards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not a "black" rifle genius. I own one AR15. That said, I'm not fond of the stock either but the rest is clean looking, not overdone. My idea of a pretty semi auto is a Browning. Saw a nice one in 30 06 Saturday. your rifle isn't ugly, this is...and I'd still take one.

image.png.a93b478b190ee380ca433f655375ec0a.png

• Like 2

A FAL is a great project!  The old thumb hole CIA Imbel guns are one of the very last sleeper deals to be had since only the FAL fans in the know realize the top quality Belgian lincensed receivers live in those ugly ducklings. I got my CIA thumbhole L1A1 off GB for just under 800 bones some 3 or 4 years ago.  I like the real wood look so went with that.  I put a FAB Defence grip on the gun since the picture and really like that upgrade. Have fun making it "yours"!

v2CfV14h.jpg

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, xtriggerman said:

A FAL is a great project!  The old thumb hole CIA Imbel guns are one of the very last sleeper deals to be had since only the FAL fans in the know realize the top quality Belgian lincensed receivers live in those ugly ducklings. I got my CIA thumbhole L1A1 off GB for just under 800 bones some 3 or 4 years ago.  I like the real wood look so went with that.  I put a FAB Defence grip on the gun since the picture and really like that upgrade. Have fun making it "yours"!

v2CfV14h.jpg

That’s awesome. Time to humblebrag here. I scored mine for $400 from a friend of mine who offloaded the project gun for what he had in it. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3