1978 Colt Diamondback 38 spl TRADES ADDED

Up for sale is a 1978 Colt Diamondback 38 spl. Gun is mechanically perfect and locks up tight. Has period correct Pachmayr grips. Finish is good with some muzzle wear as seen in pics. No box or papers. If its good enough for John Wayne, Its good enough for us mortals.

$1200 $1100 and Bill of Sale w TN ID

Will consider other Colt snub nose revolvers or Sabre Defence Rifles. 

Springfield, Cross Plains, White House areas.

colt 2.jpg

colt 4.jpg

colt 3.jpg

brannigan_4_wayne.jpg

colt 1.jpg

Edited by Calexiter
trades added
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, 03clyde said:

"Funny thing about pic, the Duke was right handed, but he is shooting that one left handed."

I believe photo is reversed.  Cylinder release aoppears to be on wrong side, also check placement of buttons on Duke's sport coat.

This is correct. A still of that shot shows him with it in his right hand and the release in the correct spot. The one is the ad is a mirror image which is also in the stills archive for that film

• 2 weeks later...
  • Calexiter changed the title to 1978 Colt Diamondback 38 spl PRICE DROP
  • Calexiter changed the title to 1978 Colt Diamondback 38 spl TRADES ADDED
On 7/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, QuackerSmacker said:

The picture is reversed.  I can't find a picture of him (without a hat, which is a challenge) where he didn't part his hair on the LEFT side.

FWIW......

John Wayne wore hair pieces. It could have been a part on either side. 
You are right. That picture is reversed. 

Edited by dg370

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By tercel89
      This is a new in box never fired S.A. XDS-9mm that I bought new and just never fired it. It has the factory gray colored frame . It comes with all the factory items it has along with 2 extra magazines I bought for it for a total of 4 magazines. One magazine is the flush fitting 7rd , 2 are 8 rd mags,  one has the gray floor plate  and the other is black, and the other mag is a 9rd mag. The pistol has a small and large grip insert , factory red fiber optic front sight and the nylon carrying case.  I am asking $430 for this all. It is a truly thin 9mm pistol that can easily be carried in the pocket or a holster.  I am in the Clarksville area but will drive up to 50 miles any direction to meet a member here to buy it. Thanks for looking. 

• By James B
      All new in box. For sale only please. Prefer FTF and willing to meet within reasonable distance of Fairview. Holler if you want to just buy the lot (750 rds)
      For sale:

4x Federal American Eagle 100rd -  $45/box
      1x Winchester white box 100rd - $45/box
      4x (steel) TulAmmo 50rd - $20/box
      1x (steel) Barnaul 50rd - $20/box
      27rd loose JHP sold
      Federal HST +P 50rd sold

• By Protongunner
      ** Price Dropped to $40 **
      Trinity Force 1-4x illuminated (red, blue, or green) scope . Has flip up lens covers. Has the P4 sniper reticle . Also has red dot on top (works but admittedly not the best red dot) Illumination works good although i rarely used that.  Comes with mount/rings too. $40 Spring Hill
      Here is some more technical info: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/trinity-force-1-4x28mm-assault-riflescope-red-dot-combo?a=1925698

• By cknight98
      Up for sale here is a couple of Vortex scopes that are excess for me
      ***SOLD*** 1. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x Gen 2 in great like new condition with cantilever mount. No box or paperwork, I lost it in a recent move. Flip up scope covers are included. Priced at $300 (plus shipping/insurance if you need me to ship)
      2. Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism. Brand new in box with standard AR mount and the low mount also. Flip up scope covers are included also. Priced at $300 (plus shipping/insurance if you need me to ship)
      I'm not really looking for trades at the moment unless you have a Vortex Strike Eagle or PST 5-25x as that's what I'm really needing for a target rifle. I may consider a Vortex Viper HST 6-24X, otherwise just looking for cash. 

• By Protongunner
      * sale pending*
      Savage MKII - low round count
      17HM2
      Action is glass bedded into Boyds Spike Camp stock with pepper finish
      10 round magazine
      factory scope mounts included
      located in Spring Hill 37174
      $350

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.