TFA analysis of permitless carry

2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Chuck is no Democrat. He just helps them win elections. 🙂 We have been arguing about it for nearly a decade. His heart is in the right place.

Helps them win elections

I’m sure he gets a signed “💕💋” valentine from Pelosi and Schumer every year for that. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:24 AM, billyblazes said:

Although there are these recent changes to the TN law getting all the press, which so far seem to have been a non-event despite all the naysayers on the left and in the media predicting the streets would be running in blood, am I correct that nothing really changes for me using my Florida CWL with the benefit of reciprocity?

Open or concealed carry of my handgun is legal.  I may carry in establishments serving alcohol but I may not have the gun on me if I am consuming alcohol.  Signs barring guns have the force of law and apply to both open and concealed carry.  Do I have it correct?

Are long guns required to be encased while in a vehicle or may they be in the open?

Long guns are legal, loaded in your vehicle, if you can legally possess them.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:32 PM, gregintenn said:

You are not the only one. It would appear there are two of us. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. I expect TFA sees this as a good way to raise funds as much as anything. I am, however, pleased with the TFA for getting this done. I would encourage any Tennessee gun enthusiast who isn’t a member to join.

Two things.

1.  We all know what we should have as a Right to arms, it is spelled out in our Constitutions.  

2.  Fundraising for TFA is for the PAC.  No Officer or board member draws a dime from these funds, of any sort.  Our financials are public for anyone to see and unlike other organizations that use raised money for personal gain/gain TFA does not allow that. Quite the contrary, John donates huge amounts of billable hour time to this endeavor at no recompense other than a desire to see Tennessee returned to the original construct, (1794 Constitution Article 11 Section 26) that any free man could bear arms for the common defense.  We are guaranteed that the legislature and our government is to keep their grubby dew claws off that Right, yet we are complacent and complicit in its loss via statute.

This year gave us Civil Immunity, that is a great thing for Tennesseans.  We can accomplish much if gun owners understand the Constitution, its intent and work together to accomplish those ends.

To quote Paine:

"A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice."

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Worriedman said:

Two things.

1.  We all know what we should have as a Right to arms, it is spelled out in our Constitutions.  

2.  Fundraising for TFA is for the PAC.  No Officer or board member draws a dime from these funds, of any sort.  Our financials are public for anyone to see and unlike other organizations that use raised money for personal gain/gain TFA does not allow that. Quite the contrary, John donates huge amounts of billable hour time to this endeavor at no recompense other than a desire to see Tennessee returned to the original construct, (1794 Constitution Article 11 Section 26) that any free man could bear arms for the common defense.  We are guaranteed that the legislature and our government is to keep their grubby dew claws off that Right, yet we are complacent and complicit in its loss via statute.

This year gave us Civil Immunity, that is a great thing for Tennesseans.  We can accomplish much if gun owners understand the Constitution, its intent and work together to accomplish those ends.

To quote Paine:

"A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice."

Can you please refresh my memory on what this means?

1 hour ago, Defender said:

Can you please refresh my memory on what this means?

Gladly, it means if you have to use deadly force or the threat of deadly force, you can be sued civilly, but can ask the Civil Judge to order a stay till such time as the criminal case is adjudicated.  If you are not convicted of a crime, the civil case goes away. think of Treyvon Martin.  As it stood, if you could prove yourself innocent of a criminal charge, you could sue the other party to recoup your legal expenses.

This is far superior.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If we could get every person who is actually interested in holding on to our Right to keep and bear arms to join together, we could.  It will take pushing the correct candidates and removing the wrong ones, we got where we did this year by virtue of having three new real gun friendly guys in the correct positions to carry our water.  The old Establishment and paid for by Chamber guys will never let us achieve what it took them 225 years to take away from us.

Incrementalism will never win the day, they will half the return each time and never let us get there.  We each know what the Constitutions say, as long as we say a little is better than none, and not really work to Maggartize these folks our grandchildren will not have the Rights they should.

We could do it, but going along to get along is not the answer of how to do so.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Worriedman said:

Gladly, it means if you have to use deadly force or the threat of deadly force, you can be sued civilly, but can ask the Civil Judge to order a stay till such time as the criminal case is adjudicated.  If you are not convicted of a crime, the civil case goes away. think of Treyvon Martin.  As it stood, if you could prove yourself innocent of a criminal charge, you could sue the other party to recoup your legal expenses.

This is far superior.

And this is why we are honored you take part in this forum. Thank you!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Worriedman said:

If we could get every person who is actually interested in holding on to our Right to keep and bear arms to join together, we could.  It will take pushing the correct candidates and removing the wrong ones, we got where we did this year by virtue of having three new real gun friendly guys in the correct positions to carry out water.  The old Establishment and paid for by Chamber guys will never let us achieve what it took them 225 years to take away from us.

Incrementalism will never win the day, they will half the return each time and never let us get there.  We each know what the Constitutions say, as long as we say a little is better than none, and not really work to Maggartize these folks our grandchildren will not have the Rights they should.

We could do it, but going along to get along is not the answer of how to do so.

I am in Macon County, and am about to find a lot of spare time on my hands. 

1) Do you believe my representative and senator are on board with all things second amendment?

2) What, exactly, can I do to help?

If Kelly Keesling is your Rep, he is pretty good.  Gun Rights are not his primary focus, but he does not vote against us.  Also, he does not sit on any committees that hear our bills, but, he has signed on as co-sponsor when asked to, and I always ask.

Mark Pody is a strong an ally as we have, but the Lt. Gov. has limited his ability to get anything done, as he was always a supporter of Mae Beavers and that is anathema to the Establishment.  Remember McNally is in place because Ron Ramsey annointed him (McNally), and he plays ball with the Chamber.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:18 PM, Chucktshoes said:

“In the first place, it would efface from everybody’s conscience the distinction between justice and injustice.
No society can exist unless the laws are respected to a certain degree, but the safest way to make them respected is
to make them respectable. When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in
the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law—two evils of equal magnitude, between which it would be difficult to choose.” 
― Frédéric Bastiat, quote from The Law

I rarely see Bastiat refrenced in any online conservative/right forums so i applaud you. it amazes me his critique on government plunder rings true even today.