I'll be facing my stalker/husband's murderer AGAIN in court. He's been stalking/harassing me from prison.

It's been a long time since I was last on the TGO forum. I thought I'd let you know it looks like I'll be going to court again because of this creeper. He's currently set to be released from prison early for "good behavior" in just 7 more years, even though he has been doing this from state prison. I'm hoping he will be kept in a federal prison for at least 5 more years (the maximum federal law allows for federal stalking) after everything he has done. I'm still trying to get his early release/good behavior credits revoked. So far, he still has his credits. Of course, I carry legally for self defense and I've had multiple firearms training classes on justifiable use of force, situational awareness and I've trained at Front Sight. However, it's still terrifying that he will be released one day. 

https://www.wsmv.com/news/i-want-him-to-leave-me-the-hell-alone-widow-hopes-charges-will-end-murderer/article_5069cc78-4a0b-11eb-a3ad-73f9f7924df7.html

Edited by ngoeser59

If you're willing to murder someone then a lifelong OOP is useless. OOP's are violated on a daily basis in this country. If he were to die from an acute case of lead poisoning after coming near you then I wouldn't convict you if I were on the jury. He's clearly a threat to you.

• Like 7

How was he not convicted of First Degree Murder, to begin with?  Should be in prison for the rest of his life.  But I agree, these letters, by themselves are threat enough, to warrant any time off for good behavior. TDOC needs to step up and do their job.  This guy should serve the rest of his sentence...

• Like 1

In answer to your question about why he was not convicted for 1st degree murder. It was a bench trial (Judge only), no jury. The murderer got to choose that. Liberal Davidson County Judge Seth Norman heard this case. Mental health experts were brought in for both the defense and prosecution. Both testified they believe he has delusional disorder. The defense mental health expert testified she did not believe he was capable of premeditation. The prosecution's expert didn't push back very hard and basically left it up to the Judge to decide if that is true based on the evidence. Here was just some of the evidence.

This man had actually gone downtown first, looking for us that night. When he couldn’t find us, he asked acquaintances where he could find us and he got directions to the restaurant. These acquaintances at multiple karaoke venues downtown noticed that when he left, he hadn’t drank any of his beer. The beer bottle he left at each place was still full. I think it’s clear he was there specifically waiting for us. He wasn’t there to have a few beers and a good time. He then drove 30 minutes that night to where we were. I had never seen him at this venue before. I was concerned he was stalking me when I noticed him there. I discreetly asked management to remove him and let them know he was stalking me. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he was looking around the room (I assume he was looking for me but I was beside a brick wall, where I could see him but he had no clue where I was), he then shot Ben 7 times.

When the police searched his vehicle at the crime scene, they found 2 more guns, ammunition, a baseball bat, binoculars, gloves rope and a knife. Police made note that my stalker made a number of physical preparations that very day. He purchased the shoulder holster, binoculars and baseball bat that day.

The Judge dropped it from 1st degree to 2nd degree despite that kind of evidence. That Judge is well into his 80's now and retired. He has left me facing an incredibly dangerous situation in my future. 

Edited by ngoeser59
  • Angry 8
22 hours ago, ngoeser59 said:

In answer to your question about why he was not convicted for 1st degree murder. It was a bench trial (Judge only), no jury. The murderer got to choose that. Liberal Davidson County Judge Seth Norman heard this case. Mental health experts were brought in for both the defense and prosecution. Both testified they believe he has delusional disorder. The defense mental health expert testified she did not believe he was capable of premeditation. The prosecution's expert didn't push back very hard and basically left it up to the Judge to decide if that is true based on the evidence. Here was just some of the evidence.

This man had actually gone downtown first, looking for us that night. When he couldn’t find us, he asked acquaintances where he could find us and he got directions to the restaurant. These acquaintances at multiple karaoke venues downtown noticed that when he left, he hadn’t drank any of his beer. The beer bottle he left at each place was still full. I think it’s clear he was there specifically waiting for us. He wasn’t there to have a few beers and a good time. He then drove 30 minutes that night to where we were. I had never seen him at this venue before. I was concerned he was stalking me when I noticed him there. I discreetly asked management to remove him and let them know he was stalking me. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he was looking around the room (I assume he was looking for me but I was beside a brick wall, where I could see him but he had no clue where I was), he then shot Ben 7 times.

When the police searched his vehicle at the crime scene, they found 2 more guns, ammunition, a baseball bat, binoculars, gloves rope and a knife. Police made note that my stalker made a number of physical preparations that very day. He purchased the shoulder holster, binoculars and baseball bat that day.

The Judge dropped it from 1st degree to 2nd degree despite that kind of evidence. That Judge is well into his 80's now and retired. He has left me facing an incredibly dangerous situation in my future. 

That's just freaking incredible!  🤬

I understand that the man has a mental disorder.  But I really, really fail to understand how anyone could decide that the man was incapable of being premeditated based on the evidence the police presented.  Where the heck was common sense used in this case???

This man has clearly not shown that he is "cured". And he is going to be a mence to you, when he gets out. I'm truly sorry for your predicament.  You and those around you, will need to be armed, clearly at all times, when he gets out.  That's very sad that you have to be in fear of your life, from the likes of him.

(I cleaned this up. "Freaking" was not what I wanted to say, but we do have standards here.)

• Like 1

Here is a quote from TDOC in a recent Tennessean article. "Since 95% of incarcerated people in Tennessee will one day return to our communities as our neighbors, we are committed to ensuring they leave better than they came."

This man should NOT be a part of that 95% being released. He will never be "reformed." It is incredibly dangerous to set him loose one day. 

• Like 1
On 6/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, Moped said:

How was he not convicted of First Degree Murder, to begin with?  Should be in prison for the rest of his life.  But I agree, these letters, by themselves are threat enough, to warrant any time off for good behavior. TDOC needs to step up and do their job.  This guy should serve the rest of his sentence...

When our system does not keep dangerous people out of society, victims are forced to do this...https://tennesseeconservativenews.com/thanks-to-stalking-victim-lifetime-order-of-protection-takes-effect-july-1/

• Like 2
On 6/26/2021 at 9:15 AM, Dustbuster said:

If theres still an op in place, why not just show he violated it, and have him charged for violating it.? Again. Thats another crime.He can be charged while locked up…

There was no order of protection. This should help explain. https://tennesseeconservativenews.com/thanks-to-stalking-victim-lifetime-order-of-protection-takes-effect-july-1/

• Like 2