To Ruger PCC owners how do you like them?

I've had a 9mm version for an entire day now.  First day of shooting went well and the gun was a lot of fun.  Handles well. Trigger is similar to that of a 10/22 trigger, but it's better.  Still needs an aftermarket improvement. which I'll give it soon.  Easy three-inch groups at 10 yards offhand with factory sights.  (I was mainly shooting pistols yesterday and didn't focus on the PCC.)  I plan to bench test it 50 yards next range session.  I had a takedown 10/22 that I thought was rather flimsy, and this uses the same takedown mechanism but it seems more robust.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Hi all, posing this question for a friend. He is looking at a Ruger PCC .40 cal and was wanting my opinion. I don't own one so am asking those that do. Thanks Mac

I got a .40 cal version about 2 years ago.    I wanted a .40 because I wanted a little more power than the 9mm plus I had plenty of ammo.    I ended up adding a red dot because my eyes didn't agree with the "scout" rear sight position.    I also changed out the mag release button because the stock one sucks.    Overall I like the rifle and would purchase again.

20200902_205215.jpg

• Like 1

On my 9mm, I replaced the mag release with one that comes out further to make it easier to drop the mag.  Initially I had an Athlon 1-4x24 scope mounted as my eyesight doesn't do well with open sights anymore, but didn't like the way it handled.  So I replaced the sights with a rail and added a Holosun 507C-GR gen 2 green dot sight.  Now it's quick and easy to get on target.  Lastly, a lightweight Magpul bipod was added for longer shots.

RugerPCC_rail.thumb.JPG.38212452e7c7fb9b204230f64b575328.JPG

Edited by billmeek
  • Like 2

Have the version of the PC 9 with the M-Lok forend, love it.

Use mine with Glock magazines.  Recently put a red dot on it, but even with standard iron sights it is super fun to shoot

One a the few guns I have no bitches or complaints about. 

Edited by JustEd
56 minutes ago, A516 said:

What model Glock magazines do use in your PC9's that work the best?

Glock ones. I’ve run 15, 17, 24, and 33 rounds mags in my PC-9.  All boringly reliable.  The 24 round mags look the coolest.

Another session with mine yesterday.  It ran well, although I still didn't bench it at 50 yards.  Next time. 

The gun cries out to the heavens for a red dot sight, and I'm going to see that this happens.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
On 7/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, Whisper said:

The gun cries out to the heavens for a red dot sight, and I'm going to see that this happens.

Cheers,

Whisper

At least for me, after adding the red dot, it was twice as fun to shoot and much more accurate.   YMMV.

I have the 9mm M-Lok version with a Romeo 5 red dot. Great sight, I can use the red dot or iron sight easily. It shoots really well with the Magpul Glock compatible mags. Very glad I bought this carbine.

I’m a staunch hater of PCCs. If I am going to carry something the size of a rifle, I want the advantage of a rifle caliber. To me PCCs are the worst of both worlds, too big and too underpowered. 

Then I got a Ruger PC Charger. 

I know that is different from the standard Ruger PC9. But holy cow, the ability to share mags with Glocks, the super light recoil, the takedown option, I can really burn through some ammo. Add to that, the Charger has the folding stock and short barrel, it’s just loads of fun. 

Practically, I still can’t see much of an advantage, but we don’t always need to be practical. 

1 hour ago, Thursty said:

I’m a staunch hater of PCCs. If I am going to carry something the size of a rifle, I want the advantage of a rifle caliber. To me PCCs are the worst of both worlds, too big and too underpowered. 

Then I got a Ruger PC Charger. 

I know that is different from the standard Ruger PC9. But holy cow, the ability to share mags with Glocks, the super light recoil, the takedown option, I can really burn through some ammo. Add to that, the Charger has the folding stock and short barrel, it’s just loads of fun. 

Practically, I still can’t see much of an advantage, but we don’t always need to be practical. 

The Charger is a fun gun to shoot. It's hard to pick between the two of them for me on range days.

You might like the standard PC9 more if you're running the lighter gr 9mm ammo. You can push some higher velocity out of the longer barrel. Rounds like these 68 GR from Underwood https://www.underwoodammo.com/9mm-luger-p-65-grain-xtreme-defender.html

They make the full sized PC Carbine more fun. Mine has been a champ when it comes to feeding reloads. Hot 90 gr JHP have been fun to shoot out of the thing.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...