New Bronco sighting

I’ve seen a few.  I was next to one with a young lady driving at an stoplight recently.  I asked her if that was the bigger size or small one.  She said the big one.  It was a Sport.  I knew the Sport was a little smaller, but apparently she didn’t, lol.  There one that lives in my neighborhood too.  Pretty car.  I’d want the bigger one.  Seems more substantial as well as capable.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

My nephew told me that they were piping in "V8 motor sounds" over the stereo to offset the sounds of the 2.0 liter engine - and I thought he was pulling my leg.

Alas: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-v-8-noise-speakers/

I don't even really know what to say.

This isn’t new. All of the big 3 have done this. Modern engines often don’t make the noises American consumers want. 

• Like 1

They make them look good in the commercials but I know about 3 guys that have test drove them and none bought one but 1 of them did buy new Jeep. 1 is still looking for something and one is considering a new Blazer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

My nephew told me that they were piping in "V8 motor sounds" over the stereo to offset the sounds of the 2.0 liter engine - and I thought he was pulling my leg.

Alas: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-v-8-noise-speakers/

I don't even really know what to say.

4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

This isn’t new. All of the big 3 have done this. Modern engines often don’t make the noises American consumers want. 

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

We get what we deserve I guess.

My solution is simple.  I never buy anything that isn't a V8 ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I know a guy who just moved from Knoxville to Texas to lead trial rides at the Bronco Off-Roadeo course there near Austin.  He's a very discerning off road enthusiast and he says they are really great and capable off road vehicles.   Its a true contender for the Jeep in the "off the lot off road capable options". If the fords have any level of better reliability than Jeep they'll see good sales 

• Like 3

Reportedly, the F150 with the 3.5 EB twin turbo engine has the "V8" sound enhancement thru the radio speakers as well.  I have a '18 F150 3.5EB, and can't hear that V8 growl thru the speakers.  Don't particular care either, the truck does what I need for it to do, and has been very dependable to date.  

• Like 2
13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I have a 2006 F-150 with 226k miles. Drove it three years now. Haven’t turned a screw.

My brother had a 2000 F-150 that made it over 300k before he sold it. It required quite a bit of work to get there though. Overall, it was a good truck for him for nearly 2 decades.

I still think Toyota builds a better vehicle. We have numerous members on the Tundra forum over 300k with nothing but routine maintenance. A few over 400k and even 1 over 500k. 3 of them have hit 1 million miles on the 4.7L 2UZ-FE. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

My brother had a 2000 F-150 that made it over 300k before he sold it. It required quite a bit of work to get there though. Overall, it was a good truck for him for nearly 2 decades.

I still think Toyota builds a better vehicle. We have numerous members on the Tundra forum over 300k with nothing but routine maintenance. A few over 400k and even 1 over 500k. 3 of them have hit 1 million miles on the 4.7L 2UZ-FE. 

I have a Toyota as well, and I agree with you.

5p3N8Ft.jpg

That said, find me a comparable 4x4 Toyota for $2700.😎

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

On my 3rd Toyota and my 2nd Tundra now.  I have a hard time being interested in much anything else.  Just wish they would produce a true 3/4 or 1 ton.