New Bronco sighting

14 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I have a 2006 F-150 with 226k miles. Drove it three years now. Haven’t turned a screw.

I also have a 2001 F150 with 195k other than a few coil packs and a intake manifold it's been trouble free, I wouldn't hesitate driving across country in it "if" I had to. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve got a 99 Mazda B3000 (rebadged Ford Ranger) with 427k miles on it. 

Do I win? 😂😂

Impressive. Original transmission? Growing up my dad had a B2300 and then a B3000. Both were good trucks. 

6 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I also have a 2001 F150 with 195k other than a few coil packs and a intake manifold it's been trouble free, I wouldn't hesitate driving across country in it "if" I had to. 

There's a guy at work with a 2001 F150 with over 300,000 miles and he drives it everyday. He bought it last year. I don't know what all has been done to it.  A lot of people give Ford, a hard way to go but, good trucks, 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
10 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I have a Toyota as well, and I agree with you.

5p3N8Ft.jpg

That said, find me a comparable 4x4 Toyota for $2700.😎

Yeah, that scarcity model is a fundamental difference that Toyota really uses to their advantage.

Toyota will sell in the high 98th or 99th percent of the trucks they build. There’s a reason you don’t see Tacomas at the rental car companies.  Ford, bless them - will crank up a line and run it full out like they’re getting paid by the piece.  They move most of what they don’t sell into the rental companies and other fleet providers.

That’s all fine and good - but it hurts the secondary market.  Over estimating on the front end hurts owners trying to sell on the backend.

That said, sometimes you need a $2700 truck. 

• Like 1

Seen one in person and it was so ugly and cheap looking I didn't bother tying to see what model it was.

But I wasn't impressed. Actually I was disappointed.

Kind of the same feeling I had when Ford came out with the Mustang Mach E.

That aside, I'd rather have a real 4x4, so a Tacoma TRD or Tundra TRD.

Only other 4x4 I'd rock is the Raptor. 

On 7/11/2021 at 8:38 AM, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve got a 99 Mazda B3000 (rebadged Ford Ranger) with 427k miles on it. 

Do I win? 😂😂

You got me beat. I have a 2006 Mazda Tribute (rebadged Ford Escape) with the 3.0L V6. A hair over 200K. Besides regular maintenance (fluids, brakes, tires, plugs), I had to have a leaking midpipe in the exhaust replaced, but that's about it.  A slight oil leak (like 1/2 qt every 5K miles or so) is the only problem.

• Like 1

After owning a few Fords and seeing lots of reliability issues of friends’ Jeeps and GMs, I just no longer get very interested unless it says Honda or Toyota.  I’ve taken a lot of static about driving foreign cars, but what is a foreign car?  A foreign company that lets Americans build them or an American company that lets foreigners build them?  My 06 Tacoma was built in California, but Ford’s new Bronco Sport and Maverick are built in Mexico and Rams and F-150s have been foreign made off and on over the years.  I decided years ago to forget if it’s American or Japanese and buy quality.  Now I have a Tacoma and a 4Runner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

After owning a few Fords and seeing lots of reliability issues of friends’ Jeeps and GMs, I just no longer get very interested unless it says Honda or Toyota.  I’ve taken a lot of static about driving foreign cars, but what is a foreign car?  A foreign company that lets Americans build them or an American company that lets foreigners build them?  My 06 Tacoma was built in California, but Ford’s new Bronco Sport and Maverick are built in Mexico and Rams and F-150s have been foreign made off and on over the years.  I decided years ago to forget if it’s American or Japanese and buy quality.  Now I have a Tacoma and a 4Runner.  

Where I was a LEO we had the Claycomo Ford Plant, and we drove ONLY Ford Crown Victorias. At the front entrance to the plant there was a prominent sign stating that no foreign cars were allowed on the property. I would chuckle at the sign because the engine in my Crown Victoria that I was driving was built in Canada.

Put also personally owning numerous Fords, (including performance cars such as the 2008 GT500 and 2013 BOSS 302), I have moved away from them because of cheap shortcuts and crappy designs that do not get fixed. Example: two Focuses that were about 10 years apart have the same transmissions break in the same manner; flimsy shifters in their performance Mustangs. RAPTORs having several issues when first released; sheet metal so flimsy on the 2009 F150 that it dented easily; and engine design failure in the engines of their Fusions where one of the cylinders wasn't getting enough oil. In my daughter's Fusion she had to replace two engines and a transmission.

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Amazingly, my 02 Tundra doesn't leak a drop of oil, or any other fluid. I'd know as I'm fairly OCD about keeping the engine bay clean...

0913201555_HDR.jpg

“Fairly OCD”?  You’ve got a full-blown condition.  😀

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Amazingly, my 02 Tundra doesn't leak a drop of oil, or any other fluid. I'd know as I'm fairly OCD about keeping the engine bay clean...

0913201555_HDR.jpg

Clean!

But I see your 02 clean engine bay and I show you my 03 H1 Hummer, that's the frame rail, fuel pump, transmission and drive shaft at the top.

Now who has OCD....lol

IMG_20161113_134121274

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Clean!

But I see your 02 clean engine bay and I show you my 03 H1 Hummer, that's the frame rail, fuel pump, transmission and drive shaft at the top.

Now who has OCD....lol

IMG_20161113_134121274

I can play this game all day. This is a picture I took while cleaning/protecting my frame. 

upload_2020-1-3_14-27-22.jpg

4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

0913201555_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Clean!

Now who has OCD....lol

IMG_20161113_134121274

9 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I can play this game all day. This is a picture I took while cleaning/protecting my frame. 

upload_2020-1-3_14-27-22.jpg

Then there's the guys like me.  My truck gets washed when it rains.  Once a year or so I take out the floormats and shake the top 2 inches of crap out.  I also figure that oil leaks prevent rust, and oil is fairly cheap.  My last truck was at 363k when I decided to park it and buy another.  Sold it earlier this year, the new owner is happily driving it daily, albeit it's much cleaner than when I owned it.  I figure it will quit any day now as a result of all that cleaning ...

Edited by No_0ne
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Where I was a LEO we had the Claycomo Ford Plant, and we drove ONLY Ford Crown Victorias. At the front entrance to the plant there was a prominent sign stating that no foreign cars were allowed on the property. I would chuckle at the sign because the engine in my Crown Victoria that I was driving was built in Canada.

Put also personally owning numerous Fords, (including performance cars such as the 2008 GT500 and 2013 BOSS 302), I have moved away from them because of cheap shortcuts and crappy designs that do not get fixed. Example: two Focuses that were about 10 years apart have the same transmissions break in the same manner; flimsy shifters in their performance Mustangs. RAPTORs having several issues when first released; sheet metal so flimsy on the 2009 F150 that it dented easily; and engine design failure in the engines of their Fusions where one of the cylinders wasn't getting enough oil. In my daughter's Fusion she had to replace two engines and a transmission.

We had two Ford 4.0 V6 engines, one in a Ranger and one in an Explorer Sport Trac.  They were good engines, but had “MADE IN COLOGNE, GERMANY” on the side.  Go figure.  

• Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea Fords are real good, I go to church with a couple and last December I commented on "did you get a new car"? And they said no, and yes. They had a new Ford Edge and after multiple times in the shop in Cookeville, they gave them a new one same color. Because they couldn't fix it, I would have asked for a refund. Because next time if it is out of warranty who is going to fix it???

• Like 1

A lot of stuff I read online says Ford is making one of the best v8 full size trucks now. Chevy and Ram are getting a lot of complaints about poor quality. The Chevys from a several years ago, are liked a lot more than the last few years models. Nissan is not got as good a reputation as it used to have either.

Edited by Quavodus