New Bronco sighting

On 7/8/2021 at 1:05 PM, gregintenn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2dc8ac466edd3773914926e1b4afccab.jpeg
I actually saw a mew Bronco in the wild today! Anybody else seen one yet?

Seen one headed west on I40 in Knoxville monday.  I like the lines, but it struck me as a bit small.  Maybe my aged eyes need a re-calibration... SIGH...

leroy...

21 minutes ago, leroy said:

Seen one headed west on I40 in Knoxville monday.  I like the lines, but it struck me as a bit small.  Maybe my aged eyes need a re-calibration... SIGH...

leroy...

No...it really is that small. Explorer sized vehicle. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Quavodus said:

A lot of stuff I read online says Ford is making one of the best v8 full size trucks now. Chevy and Ram are getting a lot of complaints about poor quality. The Chevys from a several years ago, are liked a lot more than the last few years models. Nissan is not got as good a reputation as it used to have either.

I own a Raptor, as I was driving back from Vegas last year I was somewhere in BFE on I40 new mexico, driving in the fast lane doing 85 on cruise wasn't paying attn to anything, looked up there's a Fin guy all over my azz, move over, brand new F250 pulling a tri axle 40' 5 wheel camper doing 95+, that was some real WTF power!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I own a Raptor, as I was driving back from Vegas last year I was somewhere in BFE on I40 new mexico, driving in the fast lane doing 85 on cruise wasn't paying attn to anything, looked up there's a Fin guy all over my azz, move over, brand new F250 pulling a tri axle 40' 5 wheel camper doing 95+, that was some real WTF power!

That was also a real idiot to be going that fast with a toy-hauler in tow. I'd be surprised if he didn't blow a tire and shred his aluminum skirt going that fast.

1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

That was also a real idiot to be going that fast with a toy-hauler in tow. I'd be surprised if he didn't blow a tire and shred his aluminum skirt going that fast.

Beat me to it.    It's one thing to put your life at risk doing stupid stuff like that, but it's inexcusable to endanger other folks.     Based on the description of the toy hauler, I'd be willing to bet that a F250 is undersized for the load.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Trekbike said:

Beat me to it.    It's one thing to put your life at risk doing stupid stuff like that, but it's inexcusable to endanger other folks.     Based on the description of the toy hauler, I'd be willing to bet that a F250 is undersized for the load.   

You can bet it is depending on the brand and class of toy-hauler.

3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

You can bet it is depending on the brand and class of toy-hauler.

Based on Mr Rotten's intel of the triple axle, that puts it in the highest size/weight category I believe.     It's almost a guarantee he was over the GVWR for a F250.     That one bites a bunch of folks in the butt since everyone seems to focus on the towing capacity.     From what I've heard, if you have an accident, they're going to check, and if you're over the GVWR, it's a pretty good chance your insurance claim gets denied.   

13 hours ago, Trekbike said:

Based on Mr Rotten's intel of the triple axle, that puts it in the highest size/weight category I believe.     It's almost a guarantee he was over the GVWR for a F250.     That one bites a bunch of folks in the butt since everyone seems to focus on the towing capacity.     From what I've heard, if you have an accident, they're going to check, and if you're over the GVWR, it's a pretty good chance your insurance claim gets denied.   

Absolutely. And in some states they don't wait for you to get into an accident. The state troopers will pull you over and ticket you when it's that obvious.

22 hours ago, Trekbike said:

what'ca think of this

e2563d207b93cf4ce19528c2947244ff.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately with today's technology and deep pockets of some of these diesel drivers they can pull a sh!t ton of weight with hp and torque to spare. Don't believe me, go watch a truck pull or catch a youtube video of it. Unbelievable what they can put to the wheels. 

That said I do NOT condone the driving style mentioned above and do my very best to let ass hats like that get way on out in front of me cause I like to watch wrecks from afar 🙂

Equally as entertaining are the folks that bought Honda Ridgelines and were told THEY could pull that kind of weight. Reminds me of the saying the tail wagging the dog when they hit a dip on the interstate lmao.

15 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Unfortunately with today's technology and deep pockets of some of these diesel drivers they can pull a sh!t ton of weight with hp and torque to spare. Don't believe me, go watch a truck pull or catch a youtube video of it. Unbelievable what they can put to the wheels. 

That said I do NOT condone the driving style mentioned above and do my very best to let ass hats like that get way on out in front of me cause I like to watch wrecks from afar 🙂

Equally as entertaining are the folks that bought Honda Ridgelines and were told THEY could pull that kind of weight. Reminds me of the saying the tail wagging the dog when they hit a dip on the interstate lmao.

We had a new guy at work from Indiana. He was talking about towing various things with his S-10 and Subaru Outback. My response was... that may work in Indiana, bit its a bad idea in east TN.  It didn't take long for him to figure that out for himself. 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, peejman said:

We had a new guy at work from Indiana. He was talking about towing various things with his S-10 and Subaru Outback. My response was... that may work in Indiana, bit its a bad idea in east TN.  It didn't take long for him to figure that out for himself. 

Had a guy come from Hickory NC to buy a 98 Taurus that slung a rod. He needed the body so he was buying the whole car. Showed up with a 85 s10 and THE WORST Uhaul rented tow dolly I've ever laid eyes on. We loaded it in the drizzling rain at dusk only to realize the dolly lights didn't have an end to plug in to. Guy says "eh it'll be fine ill go slow and stay in the right lane" 🙄

I counted my money, shook his hand, said a prayer to myself, and went in to eat supper. 

Some people just need to learn on their own 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, peejman said:

here's that guy

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1