New Bronco sighting

54 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I stopped by Wyatt Johnson Ford to take a quick peek yesterday. The blue one is sitting on almost 35s (315x70R17) and the burnt yellow one is on 33s (285x70xR17)

IMG_8546.thumb.jpg.a5ba2c67e84536796cbd95dec50d8076.jpgIMG_8547.thumb.jpg.2d7ec88a8b55ceb76b6608f71001ab47.jpgIMG_8548.thumb.jpg.b8ca7ac1286130774b3941df4bddb44a.jpgIMG_8549.thumb.JPG.6fa33622c4cadf059786f9de76751990.JPG

I've yet to see one in the wild but I'd bet they threw everything they've learned from the raptor at the bronco

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I've yet to see one in the wild but I'd bet they threw everything they've learned from the raptor at the bronco

Except how to put a V8 in it. Though I expect the Raptor version next year or the year after to have one.聽

11 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have to say, unlike the Jeeps, the hard tops look way better with the Bronco. The soft tops are pretty meh.聽

Easy!!!, mine rolls up....lol

Picture 025

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

Except how to put a V8 in it. Though I expect the Raptor version next year or the year after to have one.聽

They've been saying that every year since 2017 for the raptor, yet聽we still have聽a V6

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have to say, unlike the Jeeps, the hard tops look way better with the Bronco. The soft tops are pretty meh.聽

I never liked the soft tops much on anything. They don't do well sitting in hot sun and winter is rough on them too.

• Like 1

We seem to be overlooking the thing that the Bronco is intended for offroad use. It's not supposed to look like an Escalade ( SP ).

I'm considering taking a serious look at one next year. They're hard to find now. I'm more interested in the Sasquatch package. That's where the more serious off road options come in. Electronic locking diffs, front & rear, for starters.

I had a 1978 Bronc that I put a Detroit Locker in back & a Detroit Truerac in front. That booger would go.

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
38 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

We seem to be overlooking the thing that the Bronco is intended for offroad use. It's not supposed to look like an Escalade ( SP ).

I'm considering taking a serious look at one next year. They're hard to find now. I'm more interested in the Sasquatch package. That's where the more serious off road options come in. Electronic locking diffs, front & rear, for starters.

I had a 1978 Bronc that I put a Detroit Locker in back & a Detroit Truerac in front. That booger would go.

You get what it鈥檚 about. Hell yeah.聽

• Like 1

Ford is tapping the brakes on theBronco.

Production and deliveries of therebooted SUVis being held up by a manufacturing issue with its hardtop roofs.

The "molded-in color" roofs, which are built by an outside supplier, have suffered quality problemsaffecting their appearance, which have now been addressed, and will be replaced on all of the trucks manufactured to date.

That means owners currently in possession of their trucks will receive new roofs later this year, while those still waiting for delivery will have to wait a little longer.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-bronco-deliveries-delayed-manufacturing-snafu

19 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

How did it corner with the lockers on??...lol

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

How did it corner with the lockers on??...lol

Johnny, I guess I should have mentioned that earlier.聽 I had the locker installed by Louisville 4 Wheel drive. The guy there told me, " you'll love it off road & hate it on road ".聽 It will corner ok if you don't push it too hard. Turning a corner, if you hit the gas a bit too much, it would chirp the tires a bit. Takes some getting used to. I never had a problem with it. Around a normal curve, no problem.

It's not for everybody. It did what I needed it to do, which was traction in bad spots. Never got me stuck. I pulled one really big green sycamore log with it, both front wheels came off the ground, but it kept going.

I'm not familiar with the new electronic locking diffs., so I can't speak to them as yet. Need to look into that. Seems to be the going thing now.

The F-150 I have now, has the Traction Lok diff in the rear with clutch plates. It's worked well so far.

1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

Johnny, I guess I should have mentioned that earlier.聽 I had the locker installed by Louisville 4 Wheel drive. The guy there told me, " you'll love it off road & hate it on road ".聽 It will corner ok if you don't push it too hard. Turning a corner, if you hit the gas a bit too much, it would chirp the tires a bit. Takes some getting used to. I never had a problem with it. Around a normal curve, no problem.

It's not for everybody. It did what I needed it to do, which was traction in bad spots. Never got me stuck. I pulled one really big green sycamore log with it, both front wheels came off the ground, but it kept going.

I'm not familiar with the new electronic locking diffs., so I can't speak to them as yet. Need to look into that. Seems to be the going thing now.

The F-150 I have now, has the Traction Lok diff in the rear with clutch plates. It's worked well so far.

I was joking about the cornering.......My H1 has electronic front and rear lockers I聽locked it on the road once and made聽a large radius turn the聽tires were chirping and body rocking, quickly realized don't do that anymore...

Yeah my Ford has聽a elocker to, not really sure why they felt that option was needed.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I was joking about the cornering.......My H1 has electronic front and rear lockers I聽locked it on the road once and made聽a large radius turn the聽tires were chirping and body rocking, quickly realized don't do that anymore...

Yeah my Ford has聽a elocker to, not really sure why they felt that option was needed.

I don't know why they are adding that to some vehicles lately. Fine by me, but the average Joe or Jane has no need for it. I gave up trying to figure mfg thinking a long time ago.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, No_0ne said:

Here you go ...

https://i0.wp.com/www.acontinuouslean.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bronco-5.jpg

As cute as the baby Broncos of 1965-1977 were, I don't think they really counted until they made the full size in 1978 (just my opinion). I have a 1979 and she's a family treasure. I have considered selling Matilda several times and just never do. It's insane to me how well she rides for her age. And she can turn on a dime.聽

The Bronco Sport should have been a hard no for Ford. I saw my first one the other day and felt sad. The Badlands should have been the release聽and they should have brought back a full size Bronco as an option. Also Johnny, you are right too. The Coyote engine would have been smart. We have a F150 with the Coyote engine and a Whipple Supercharger (it's basically a super snake minus the ugly add ons). Monkey doesn't drive like me, but when I am alone in Lucille, I love to whiz past all the "fast cars". They never see it coming and it makes me way too happy. The only disadvantage is, here in Cookeville we have PD, SO and THP so I gotta be a wee bit careful.聽馃檮

• Like 3

Got my first sighting ( sort of , inside in the showroom ), of the new Bronco.

Went by Miracle Ford in Gallatin today. They had one in the showroom, the Big Bend edition, red in color, soft top ( rolled back ), front door off to see inside. Big wheels, looked really great ( to me ). I like it, looks ready to hit the boonies.

From what I've seen & read, I like the Badlands version the best. Add to that the Sasquatch package, I'm good to go.

As I said before, it'll be next year, wait til the dust settles, & production catches up with demand. Roofs & computer chips are a major issue right now.

I read the other day, that the Louisville Ford plant has hundreds of trucks parked at the Kentucky Speedway, waiting on chips.

聽BTW, Mrs. Monkey, I like the way you think, LOL Have fun.

• Like 1