New Bronco sighting

I've driven both of the ones at Wyatt Johnson.  - I had a July 14, 2020 reservation for one.  - cancelled it in March as the stinky stuff seemed headed for the rotating curvy metal bits.

The Orange one is a Badlands 2.3L - Manual.  It was fun, but did not have enought umph for me in Nashville Traffic.  In a small town, it would be great.

The Blue one is a Wildtrack w/ 35s (as mentioned).  It has the 2.7L and the 10 speed auto.  It was peppy and fun to drive.  BUT... the seat HURT inbetween my shoulder blades after a while.  No WAY could I take that thing on a trip - and all the members of the family felt the same way.

The soft top was ok.  It was already rubbing paint off of the roll cage in spots.  The Bronco can't tow more than 3,500lbs, and I couldn't take long trips in it... and ... more importantly, Ford can't make them right and ship them out. hahahahaaaa...

This could only ever be a "fun car" for us - It's just not practical enough to be one of our DDs.  If I was going to pay to feed and keep a "fun car" it would be a convertible sports car.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

I've driven both of the ones at Wyatt Johnson.  - I had a July 14, 2020 reservation for one.  - cancelled it in March as the stinky stuff seemed headed for the rotating curvy metal bits.

The Orange one is a Badlands 2.3L - Manual.  It was fun, but did not have enought umph for me in Nashville Traffic.  In a small town, it would be great.

The Blue one is a Wildtrack w/ 35s (as mentioned).  It has the 2.7L and the 10 speed auto.  It was peppy and fun to drive.  BUT... the seat HURT inbetween my shoulder blades after a while.  No WAY could I take that thing on a trip - and all the members of the family felt the same way.

The soft top was ok.  It was already rubbing paint off of the roll cage in spots.  The Bronco can't tow more than 3,500lbs, and I couldn't take long trips in it... and ... more importantly, Ford can't make them right and ship them out. hahahahaaaa...

This could only ever be a "fun car" for us - It's just not practical enough to be one of our DDs.  If I was going to pay to feed and keep a "fun car" it would be a convertible sports car.

was the lumbar pumped up? when I bought my raptor I said the same thing

2 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

was the lumbar pumped up? when I bought my raptor I said the same thing

Yes.  It was where the "Bronco" was right between the shoulder blades - well above the lumbar.  It was hard as a rock.  awkwardly so.

We had just driven a Raptor, and it was comfortable as can be.

Honestly, the new Broncos are just too small. Cute in theory but TOO SMALL. If I was dropping $ on a vehicle right now, it would be the Explorer ST. I test drove one at F&L of Cookeville. Took it on I40 and I got up and into the triple digits and it drove amazingly well. Sounded like a damn muscle car too. However, my Expedition has the EcoBoost V6 and even that in the Bronco would be better than current options.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2021 at 11:03 AM, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

Honestly, the new Broncos are just too small. Cute in theory but TOO SMALL. If I was dropping $ on a vehicle right now, it would be the Explorer ST. I test drove one at F&L of Cookeville. Took it on I40 and I got up and into the triple digits and it drove amazingly well. Sounded like a damn muscle car too. However, my Expedition has the EcoBoost V6 and even that in the Bronco would be better than current options.

What motor was in the Explorer ST?