Finally! 10 buns and 10 hotdogs

15 minutes ago, hipower said:

I don't worry about...I use sandwich bread. Just like I did growing up.

You must have been one of those rich kids, we couldn't have bread or buns with ours 馃槈

Edited by Erich
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Erich said:

You must have been one of those rich kids, we could have bread or buns with ours 馃槈

We were called a lot of things back then; but "rich" was never one of them.

Small town. Population of less than 800. We didn't make the cut for the "better" side of town. Dad was a mechanic and Mom worked at Georgia Shoe.

Had to have a white collar job to be in the social register there.

• Like 1

聽Actually, the only wieners I buy anymore come in packages of 8 (Nathan's) but like hipower, growing up it was normally bread instead of buns. A pack of buns and a loaf of bread cost about the same and there wasn't any money to waste.

• Like 2

FWIW, this was meant to be tonge in cheek, because its a bit funny versus it being a serious thing. I appreciated it after a year that has been pretty tough politically in the activism arena and thought the humor of the petition was more self evident than it may have be or that most like to see the humor in things. My bad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If you look at the way buns are baked you'll see that they are set in pairs. 8 buns just makes for a nice square package. Adding two more would mess with the packaging and production. So why not just have hot dogs in packages of 8?聽

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

Just don't put ketchup on hot dogs no matter if on bread or bun!!

Right. At least have the decency to mix in some mustard or something

18 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Much ado about nothing.聽 Just buy 5 packages of buns, along with 4 of hotdogs, and you have a perfect match.聽 Then, just invite 39 friends over for a cookout ...

I like how you roll. That's my math. But damn, what kinda cookout has a limit of one dog. Probably all those ketchup using freaks.聽

33 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

If you look at the way buns are baked you'll see that they are set in pairs. 8 buns just makes for a nice square package. Adding two more would mess with the packaging and production. So why not just have hot dogs in packages of 8?聽

There's gotta be one in every crowd, those sensible kind. Come on now, this is America, land of excess. Go big or go home. That's why I really like Costco or some grocery stores where they comes in packs of 20. 馃槈

1 hour ago, Erich said:

But damn, what kinda cookout has a limit of one dog. Probably all those ketchup using freaks.

Oh I agree, but I was accounting for how others might eat. In my case, 40 hotdogs is about right for me and 7 other friends ...

4 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

聽Actually, the only wieners I buy anymore come in packages of 8 (Nathan's) but like hipower, growing up it was normally bread instead of buns. A pack of buns and a loaf of bread cost about the same and there wasn't any money to waste.

Kentucky Legend makes a much better hot dog than Nathan鈥檚.

21 minutes ago, res308 said:

Well they can鈥檛 have that going on. Now somebody will start trying to peddle dogs in packs of 7.聽

They might as well be called Johnsonville. 聽Their hot dog sized brats and such come in 6 packs.聽

Oh, and I sometimes had to eat dogs on sliced bread as a kid if we simply didn鈥檛 have in buns in the 聽house, like when we ran out. 聽Never again, I鈥檇 sooner eat one with nothing than聽a piece of sandwich聽bread.

Edited by Garufa
10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

They might as well be called Johnsonville. 聽Their hot dog sized brats and such come in 6 packs.聽

Oh, and I sometimes had to eat dogs on sliced bread as a kid if we simply didn鈥檛 have in buns in the 聽house, like when we ran out. 聽Never again, I鈥檇 sooner eat one with nothing than聽a piece of sandwich聽bread.

The end pieces make passable buns.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, Erich said:

FWIW, this was meant to be tonge in cheek, because its a bit funny versus it being a serious thing. I appreciated it after a year that has been pretty tough politically in the activism arena and thought the humor of the petition was more self evident than it may have be or that most like to see the humor in things. My bad.

LOL! This has been an on-going controversy for decades. It will never die.

It's right up there with the "Which is better...9 or 45?"

• 4 months later...