45ACP bug

jhc77

After getting back to work a little over a year ago finally got to scratch my 45acp itch. Picked up these two in the last 4 weeks. The M&P thankfully came with a box of range lead and I had someone local check his shelves and found 2 50 round boxes of Speer Gold Dot. Need to get out to the range!

Standard M&P with fiber optic front. 
The Champion has Novak nights that still work. Not sure of the age on it but spring is stiff and trigger is crisp. Holster is on the way. 

67EA40C0-980B-49E3-BE16-8BB7D6A452D9.jpeg

Edited by jhc77
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, dralarms said:

Congratulations. Looks like the m&p needs some tlc. Is that a little rust under the take down lever?

No. The lever is fine. The trigger pin is dirty though. Haven't had time to clean it. Just moved 2 weeks ago and getting cardboard boxes emptied and house put together has priority these days.

Not bad at all. 😉 I'm not much on plastic, so I'll just ignore the M&P. Although I do hear they're great guns. 

That 1911 looks to be the 3" Compact version. Is it or are my old eyes playing tricks on me? I thought the Champions were all 4" models? 

10 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Not bad at all. 😉 I'm not much on plastic, so I'll just ignore the M&P. Although I do hear they're great guns. 

That 1911 looks to be the 3" Compact version. Is it or are my old eyes playing tricks on me? I thought the Champions were all 4" models? 

It's 4" I believe. The M&P is 4.25". That may be what's throwing you off.

• 4 months later...

Well after 4 month's I finally got to the range with these two last week. Loaded up the M&P first. Never fired a 45 so I was a bit hesitant on letting the first one go. Absolutely enjoyed going through the 65 rounds I had. At 10 yards I put most of them in about a 10" paper plate size group. Switched between this and the 1911. I was pulling (shooting left) the 1911 a tad so I adjusted where my index finger laid on the trigger. Only "issue" was it wasn't locking back on the last round. Being that I can count to 7 it wasn't a biggie. I loaded some self defense rounds at random between range loads while shooting both. I do prefer the M&P over the 1911 as far as accuracy and cleaning. 

Once that was all burned through I grabbed the M&P 9 2.0 and proceeded to make a ragged hole at 15 yards after 2 magazines. I did get that "pea shooter" feeling after the 45's but quickly adjusted.

2 hours ago, jhc77 said:

Well after 4 month's I finally got to the range with these two last week. Loaded up the M&P first. Never fired a 45 so I was a bit hesitant on letting the first one go. Absolutely enjoyed going through the 65 rounds I had. At 10 yards I put most of them in about a 10" paper plate size group. Switched between this and the 1911. I was pulling (shooting left) the 1911 a tad so I adjusted where my index finger laid on the trigger. Only "issue" was it wasn't locking back on the last round. Being that I can count to 7 it wasn't a biggie. I loaded some self defense rounds at random between range loads while shooting both. I do prefer the M&P over the 1911 as far as accuracy and cleaning. 

Once that was all burned through I grabbed the M&P 9 2.0 and proceeded to make a ragged hole at 15 yards after 2 magazines. I did get that "pea shooter" feeling after the 45's but quickly adjusted.

I have 3 .45s and got my very first 9mm this year. It does feel like a mini gun compared to the 45s. Sold it and got a PF9. great little gun. You made a great purchase, congratulations. I personally prefer 1911 but the M&P is a great pistol. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...