Czechslovakian Surplus VZOR 70 questions

TwinVeprs

Could be any of several issues from just dirty to sear problems. Does it feed and eject properly? Does the hammer stay back when manually cocked? When cocked, push against the back of the hammer to see if it slips. 

It might be the ammo. American .32 acp ammo tends be lower powered than the European ammo this gun was designed for.  Try some different ammo.  Preferably a european brand.  Fiocchi if you can find any as it does run pretty hot. 

If that doesn't work, give the gun a good cleaning. It may have crud in the innards slowing down sear reset. Completely dis-assemble if possible. Clean and carefully inspect all parts. Look closely at the hammer and sear contact points. On re-assembly, lube it well. Especially the slide as it could be short stroking on you. 

• Like 1

I looked at one of these when I purchased my Walther PPK. I liked the feel of it in my hand. I hate that you are having problems with it.  The one I looked at seemed like a well built pistol.  Still they are some 50 years old and spare parts are not easy to find.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Could be any of several issues from just dirty to sear problems. Does it feed and eject properly? Does the hammer stay back when manually cocked? When cocked, push against the back of the hammer to see if it slips. 

It might be the ammo. American .32 acp ammo tends be lower powered than the European ammo this gun was designed for.  Try some different ammo.  Preferably a european brand.  Fiocchi if you can find any as it does run pretty hot. 

If that doesn't work, give the gun a good cleaning. It may have crud in the innards slowing down sear reset. Completely dis-assemble if possible. Clean and carefully inspect all parts. Look closely at the hammer and sear contact points. On re-assembly, lube it well. Especially the slide as it could be short stroking on you. 

Sorry, I just got back from the beach & rested today so I'm just now getting back to ya. But yeah its a sear issue, my 1st guess. The hammer doesn't stay back at all, manual or fired. 

Thank you for replying tho.

15 hours ago, Moped said:

I looked at one of these when I purchased my Walther PPK. I liked the feel of it in my hand. I hate that you are having problems with it.  The one I looked at seemed like a well built pistol.  Still they are some 50 years old and spare parts are not easy to find.

I'm sure its gonna be a simple fix as I'm figuring its a spring issue with these being so old. I'm a sucker for old Eastern bloc guns so when I seen czechslovakia I had to get it. Lol

• Like 2
10 hours ago, TwinVeprs said:

I'm sure its gonna be a simple fix as I'm figuring its a spring issue with these being so old. I'm a sucker for old Eastern bloc guns so when I seen czechslovakia I had to get it. Lol

I'd still like to find one.  I actually love the .32acp!

I had a cz 70 back when you could get one for $69. Actually bought at the rod and gun club in Nuremberg.  It went with me along with ruger 89 on a deployment. Yes against regulations, I know.   Was comforting to have ammo and side arms long before we were issued ammo in the sand box.  I never needed it, never fired it. 
When I finally took the cz to range years later, it was a jamamatic, pins starting working loose and it locked up. I traded it at a gun store for ammo. 
The ruger 89 of course was always rock solid and reliable. 

Edited by TennesseeCamper
  • Like 1