Now, a bike for dad…

22,000 miles. I just spoke to my brother in law and he sold the Sportster last week. I wish he had called me cause he gave it away for $3,800. Da*n, Da*n, Da*n I would have bought it for that. 

48 minutes ago, derf said:

22,000 miles. I just spoke to my brother in law and he sold the Sportster last week. I wish he had called me cause he gave it away for $3,800. Da*n, Da*n, Da*n I would have bought it for that. 

Looks like a sharp bike.

21 minutes ago, res308 said:

Welllll.............???? 

Any luck?

Going to look at one tomorrow. You’d be surprised how many people have one for sale, yet will not disclose a cell number, locations, or will even get back with you at all.

I went and looked at one last week. The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer. 
The stories of people wrecking bikes on test rides and then leaving the owner (or owners insurance) high and dry on the repairs are far to common. 
I have never allowed anyone to ride any of my bikes without cash in hand. I will let them sit on it, I will start it, I will run it up and down the road in front of them but unless they have handed me a wad of cash they are not going to ride it out of my garage. If they ride it and find some issue or wish to back out of the deal for whatever reason I will negotiate or simply hand them their money back. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer. 
The stories of people wrecking bikes on test rides and then leaving the owner (or owners insurance) high and dry on the repairs are far to common. 
I have never allowed anyone to ride any of my bikes without cash in hand. I will let them sit on it, I will start it, I will run it up and down the road in front of them but unless they have handed me a wad of cash they are not going to ride it out of my garage. If they ride it and find some issue or wish to back out of the deal for whatever reason I will negotiate or simply hand them their money back. 

That right there.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

. The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

Before the days of Covid you could've asked him to let you double on the back.    🙂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

I handed him the cash. He still didn't want me to ride it. He then reluctantly said I could as I was walking to the truck.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

dbjeP7t.jpg

07 Fat Boy. Rides like a dream.🙂

Awww shucks. That’s a beauty right there. I’m having serious thoughts lately about trying to trade my Street Glide Special on a Heritage or Fatboy or Road King. But my dream is a Softail Deluxe. I just want to go back to that style of scoot. I like the old fashioned style. 

Edited by res308
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

Nice looking ride.   When does the "Now, a bike for mom" get posted?   Get her one and that qualifies you guys as a gang, I believe.    🙂

That Mustang seat is big enough for two. If she got her own, how would I know when I’m wrong?

• Haha 2
On 7/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, RC3 said:

I got a 2020 Katana, 2011 GSX 1250 bandit and a 2020 MT-03. I dont need another bike

Hmmm, I have a Sportster, a BMW sport tourer, a Ducati 1098 Superbike, a kinda rare 89 Yamaha RD-350YVPS, and GasGas trials bike. I'm pretty sure I'll find another one I need, though. 🙂

IMG_1352.JPG

I have a brand new set of Toomey pipes and the RD is sitting on the work bench waiting for them. Just a matter of finding the time. Anybody have the rear grab bar for sale?

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 3
On 7/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, OldIronFan said:

Man! I've bought and sold a LOT of bikes over the years, and have never bought one without test-riding it and never refused a test ride when selling one. I guess if it's your bike you get to make the rules, but there is no chance in the world I'd buy a bike without running it to red-line, running it through all the gears, and trying out the brakes. 

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Blew my gun trading stash, but we out several miles on them today. Well worth it.

Not my quote but it seems appropriate.     "The best things in life are the people you love, the places you go together, and the memories you make.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

This was on my way home from work a couple months back.  

The rider was headless.  That is his fully intact right arm in the thumbnail.

I got out and verified the rider was deceased.  I couldn't believe his head was missing.  He had on a riding jacket that had like shifted over the stump luckily.  I looked out the window to make sure I didn't run over the arm.  I wanted to make sure other people could see it to not run over it behind me so felt wrong to just do like the drivers in front of me.

Edited by Daniel
6 hours ago, Daniel said:

This was on my way home from work a couple months back.  

The rider was headless.  That is his fully intact right arm in the thumbnail.

I got out and verified the rider was deceased.  I couldn't believe his head was missing.  He had on a riding jacket that had like shifted over the stump luckily.  I looked out the window to make sure I didn't run over the arm.  I wanted to make sure other people could see it to not run over it behind me so felt wrong to just do like the drivers in front of me.

Always the ray of sunshine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1