Jump to content

Now, a bike for dad…


Recommended Posts

22,000 miles. I just spoke to my brother in law and he sold the Sportster last week. I wish he had called me cause he gave it away for $3,800. Da*n, Da*n, Da*n I would have bought it for that. 

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, derf said:

22,000 miles. I just spoke to my brother in law and he sold the Sportster last week. I wish he had called me cause he gave it away for $3,800. Da*n, Da*n, Da*n I would have bought it for that. 

Looks like a sharp bike.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, res308 said:

Welllll.............???? 

Any luck?

Going to look at one tomorrow. You’d be surprised how many people have one for sale, yet will not disclose a cell number, locations, or will even get back with you at all.

I went and looked at one last week. The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

Edited by gregintenn
Link to comment
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer. 
The stories of people wrecking bikes on test rides and then leaving the owner (or owners insurance) high and dry on the repairs are far to common. 
I have never allowed anyone to ride any of my bikes without cash in hand. I will let them sit on it, I will start it, I will run it up and down the road in front of them but unless they have handed me a wad of cash they are not going to ride it out of my garage. If they ride it and find some issue or wish to back out of the deal for whatever reason I will negotiate or simply hand them their money back. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer. 
The stories of people wrecking bikes on test rides and then leaving the owner (or owners insurance) high and dry on the repairs are far to common. 
I have never allowed anyone to ride any of my bikes without cash in hand. I will let them sit on it, I will start it, I will run it up and down the road in front of them but unless they have handed me a wad of cash they are not going to ride it out of my garage. If they ride it and find some issue or wish to back out of the deal for whatever reason I will negotiate or simply hand them their money back. 

That right there.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

. The guy didn’t want me to ride it. You aren’t going to find many takers like that either. People amaze me.

 

Before the days of Covid you could've asked him to let you double on the back.    🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer. 
The stories of people wrecking bikes on test rides and then leaving the owner (or owners insurance) high and dry on the repairs are far to common. 
I have never allowed anyone to ride any of my bikes without cash in hand. I will let them sit on it, I will start it, I will run it up and down the road in front of them but unless they have handed me a wad of cash they are not going to ride it out of my garage. If they ride it and find some issue or wish to back out of the deal for whatever reason I will negotiate or simply hand them their money back. 

I handed him the cash. He still didn't want me to ride it. He then reluctantly said I could as I was walking to the truck.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I handed him the cash. He still didn't want me to ride it. He then reluctantly said I could as I was walking to the truck.

Ahh, that is completely different. Not sure what he was thinking... 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

 

dbjeP7t.jpg

07 Fat Boy. Rides like a dream.🙂

Awww shucks. That’s a beauty right there. I’m having serious thoughts lately about trying to trade my Street Glide Special on a Heritage or Fatboy or Road King. But my dream is a Softail Deluxe. I just want to go back to that style of scoot. I like the old fashioned style. 

Edited by res308
  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, gregintenn said:

 

dbjeP7t.jpg

07 Fat Boy. Rides like a dream.🙂

Nice looking ride.   When does the "Now, a bike for mom" get posted?   Get her one and that qualifies you guys as a gang, I believe.    🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

Nice looking ride.   When does the "Now, a bike for mom" get posted?   Get her one and that qualifies you guys as a gang, I believe.    🙂

That Mustang seat is big enough for two. If she got her own, how would I know when I’m wrong?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 7/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, RC3 said:

I got a 2020 Katana, 2011 GSX 1250 bandit and a 2020 MT-03. I dont need another bike

Hmmm, I have a Sportster, a BMW sport tourer, a Ducati 1098 Superbike, a kinda rare 89 Yamaha RD-350YVPS, and GasGas trials bike. I'm pretty sure I'll find another one I need, though. 🙂

 

IMG_1352.JPG

I have a brand new set of Toomey pipes and the RD is sitting on the work bench waiting for them. Just a matter of finding the time. Anybody have the rear grab bar for sale?

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, OldIronFan said:

That is absolutely normal. No test rides without cash in hand. I have never test ridden a bike unless it was a dealer.

Man! I've bought and sold a LOT of bikes over the years, and have never bought one without test-riding it and never refused a test ride when selling one. I guess if it's your bike you get to make the rules, but there is no chance in the world I'd buy a bike without running it to red-line, running it through all the gears, and trying out the brakes. 

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Blew my gun trading stash, but we out several miles on them today. Well worth it.

Not my quote but it seems appropriate.     "The best things in life are the people you love, the places you go together, and the memories you make.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, Trekbike said:

Not my quote but it seems appropriate.     "The best things in life are the people you love, the places you go together, and the memories you make.

 

 

And a big, loud V twin!😎

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.