2019 Harley Davidson Softail Slim

Selling a 2019 sofltail slim that I helped a friend buy. After twenty years of friendship, he decided to #### me over and stopped paying for the bike. I took the bike back and I dont want it. Bike is in good shape but has a dent on the muffler and one on the tank. 9300 miles new tire and the service has been kept up with. Willing to take a hit and just be done with it and think of it as an expensive learning lesson to never financially help anyone ever again. Asking for $12000 and Ill pay for the remaining balance, which is $14xxx left, so around $2400 I think. If you want, we can do the rider thru rider program harley has and move the payments to your name and I will still give you $2xxx (enough to cover the remainder and still be within the 12k) cash if you would prefer to go that route. My loss, your again. Im going to try and get the dent on the tank removed when I get time off from work. It didnt damage the paint so it shouldn't be too hard for a shop to remove the dent.

In case anyone is wondering, the bike came to almost 22k after taxes and dealer fees a couple of years ago. Used 2013' models are going for 15k before taxes and fees. This is a STEAL. I also have a copy of all the payments as well and can provide them. I never let it fall behind a single payment, but I got really tired of having to hunt down a 31 year old to pay for the damn thing every single month. 

Sold it to an out of state dealer. #### all these local jackasses and lowballing me. Not you guys, local dealers that is.

20210704_113939_HDR.jpg

20210704_113925_HDR.jpg

Edited by RC3
Cant spell for #### today. So many typos.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Have you considered consigning the bike at a HD dealer? You might be able to keep that two grand in your own pocket that way. Bikes are going for top dollar right now, and I doubt that you have to discount yours to sell it. 

Per NADA:

Values

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440
Options (Add)

Total Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440

PS- It sucks that your "friend" would stiff you like that. If a person can't qualify for a vehicle loan, there's usually a REALLY good reason. If a dealer can't make financing work, then that person is a horrible loan risk, as you unfortunately have learned.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Darrell said:

Have you considered consigning the bike at a HD dealer? You might be able to keep that two grand in your own pocket that way. Bikes are going for top dollar right now, and I doubt that you have to discount yours to sell it. 

Per NADA:

Values

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440
Options (Add)

Total Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440

PS- It sucks that your "friend" would stiff you like that. If a person can't qualify for a vehicle loan, there's usually a REALLY good reason. If a dealer can't make financing work, then that person is a horrible loan risk, as you unfortunately have learned.

I had no idea that was an option. I will check it out.

• Like 2
On 7/16/2021 at 6:25 AM, Darrell said:

Per NADA:

Values

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440
Options (Add)

Total Price
$16,549
$13,255
$17,440

Not to kick OP when he’s down, but Harley Davidson Financial will literally finance ANYONE. To be unable to qualify for one of their loan programs was a screaming red flag. 

Definitely talk to Nicko or Gina at Boswell’s about what can be done with your bike, they’re pretty good people.