Ruger LCP-Max

Moped

I think I am about to do down this rabbit hole and get one of these!  Good Lord the reviews have been great!!!

Hickcok45:  Ignore what Hickcock has in his hand in this pic! 

Sootch00: 

James Reeves: 

GunBlast: 

Edited by Moped
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, chances R said:

For a simple pocket gun, the original LCP is hard to beat.  Essentially dehorned with reasonable rounds makes it lighter.  All of these high round capacity guns make my pants sag🥴

The LCP-Max weighs 10.6 oz empty and with 11 rounds of CCI 95gr, it come in at 14.6 oz.

Compare that to: 

Ruger LCPII with 7 rounds of CCI 95 gr at 13.1 oz. (the LCP would probably come in around 12.5+ oz.)

S&W 442 with 5 rnds of 135 gr, Speer Gold dot at 17oz,

Glock 43 with 7 rounds of Federal 147 gr HST at 21.6 oz

SIG 365 with 11 rounds of Federal 147 gr HST at 23.8 oz.

The Keltec P32 is 8.07 ounces empty and 10.25 ounces with 7+1 of Fiocchi 32 ACP 73 grain FMJ.  I normally carry it (only around the house) with 5+1 putting the weight at 9.7 ounces. Add the SM2 Sticky holster and it totals 10.63 ounces. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, billmeek said:

The Keltec P32 is 8.07 ounces empty and 10.25 ounces with 7+1 of Fiocchi 32 ACP 73 grain FMJ.  I normally carry it (only around the house) with 5+1 putting the weight at 9.7 ounces. Add the SM2 Sticky holster and it totals 10.63 ounces. 

Honestly, would love to see this little pistol come out in a 10+1 configuaration.  I had a P32 and let my daughter have it, when I bought my LCP.  She carries it all the time.  I've never liked the LCP, like I did the P32.

Of course, it would be nice if Ruger made the LCP-MAX, in .32ACP as well.

• Like 2
On 7/20/2021 at 9:34 AM, Moped said:

Honestly, would love to see this little pistol come out in a 10+1 configuaration.  I had a P32 and let my daughter have it, when I bought my LCP.  She carries it all the time.  I've never liked the LCP, like I did the P32.

Of course, it would be nice if Ruger made the LCP-MAX, in .32ACP as well.

I could get behind the .32 version LCP. I have a bit of 32 squirreled away.

Also had a P32. Sold it in a fit of insanity. Good little pistol.

• Like 1
On 7/18/2021 at 10:38 PM, chances R said:

For a simple pocket gun, the original LCP is hard to beat.  Essentially dehorned with reasonable rounds makes it lighter.  All of these high round capacity guns make my pants sag🥴

Don't know about your saggy pants problem...but I'd suggest suspenders. 😉

Now for something real...I have an LCP with a CT laser. Had it since the LCP was first brought out. It's a bit snappy, but I think it makes a very nice pocket gun for when you run out in your primary.

• Like 1

I have one of the LCP customs, the one with the red aluminum trigger and (slightly) better sights. I like it because as a pocket gun, the trigger pull is long and heavy enough to act as a DA revolver type safety feature, but light enough to be usable. I managed to snag another one, sitting in my safe as a NIB "ready service spare".

I'd snag an older, minty KelTec P32 in a second though, but have no desire for a "high cap" variant. Hard enough to get .32 to feed as it is and the whole point of a P32 is light and slim...

7 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

I have one of the LCP customs, the one with the red aluminum trigger and (slightly) better sights. I like it because as a pocket gun, the trigger pull is long and heavy enough to act as a DA revolver type safety feature, but light enough to be usable. I managed to snag another one, sitting in my safe as a NIB "ready service spare".

I'd snag an older, minty KelTec P32 in a second though, but have no desire for a "high cap" variant. Hard enough to get .32 to feed as it is and the whole point of a P32 is light and slim...

I traded a Gen 2 LCP on the LCP-Max.  Size wise. it was just about the same size.  Just a couple of tenths of an inch thicker in the grip area, and ,4 inch taller.  And the same weight as a LCPII, 10.6 oz.  Someone said that loaded, with 11 rounds of 95gr .380, it came in at 12.1 oz.  That's two oz lighter than my unloaded S&W 442 with 6 more rounds of capacity.  With my LCP, I carried two extra mags for a total of 19 rounds.  This is two mags for a total of 21 rounds. I entend to pick up at least one of not two extra mags.  And if I can find them, it will be two 12 rounders.  That will bring capacity to 35 rounds, if my math is right.  I will take it.

I'd still love to find a nice P32 again or any .32ACP pistol.  Doesn't have to be a pocket gun. A little Beretta 81 would be nice or evan a CZ70.

1 hour ago, QuackerSmacker said:

I've got a LCP Max and wow, just wow!

Check out the new Federal .380 Hydra-Shok Deep ammo.  Nothing else compares.  It's really hard to get but will be more available.  Federal is really trying to crank them out.     

I'll look for those.  Not a lot out there at the moment.  Luckily, I was able to pick up some .380 here and there.  Were you able to find extra mags for it?

Edited by Moped
On 7/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, QuackerSmacker said:

Extra mags (12+1) do not seem to be a problem, but you have to look around.  Got mine at Bill's Outpost in Maryville.

Thanks! That will give me a good excuse to go there!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 4:54 PM, TennesseeCamper said:

There is going to be a lot of original LCPs up for sale. 

I've had an original LCP for years.  I often carry it as a backup for my primary carry.  It has more value as a bug than the few dollars it would sell for.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tnhawk said:

I've had an original LCP for years.  I often carry it as a backup for my primary carry.  It has more value as a bug than the few dollars it would sell for.

I decided to trade mine in.  In truth, other than the small size, I was not enamored with the LCP and I regret the purchase. I much preferred the Keltec P32, for that size. And I will look for another one of those, in the near future. I gave the P32 to my daughter, who was looking for a small pistol to carry in her jeans pocket.

While the P32, the LCP and the LCP-Max are all roughly the same size, the Max is a much more comfortable pistol to shoot, because of the slight increase in grip diameter and length of the grip.  The P32, with the .32acp round is a pussycat to shoot, for it's size.

Since I bought it, I find myself carrying the LCP-Max more and more, when my wife doesn't carry it. In truth, I might have to buy a second one. 

One last thing.  I used to hate the .380 round over the years. LOL! And I had  couple of nice ones. in my youth.  A Colt Mustang and a SIG P230.  The SIG was shooter, but literally left my right hand shaking from the recoil after a couple of mags. 🤷‍♂️ I guess when you get older, your tastes change. Over the last year and a half, I've bought three more! WTH? 🤣😂🤣

4 hours ago, tnhawk said:

I have given my LCP to my daughter, along with a Taurus pt 22(the older steel version) and ammo for both.  My only remaining small gun is a vintage s&w mod 37. 
I can’t decide yet whether to get the LCP max or opt for a pocket 9mm and eliminate .380 altogether. Even the LCP .22 might be a possibility. 
The current ammo situation isn’t really favoring availability of .380. 9mm seems be more obtainable. 

Edited by TennesseeCamper
Spelling
9 hours ago, TennesseeCamper said:

I have given my LCP to my daughter, along with a Taurus pt 22(the older steel version) and ammo for both.  My only remaining small gun is a vintage s&w mod 37. 
I can’t decide yet whether to get the LCP max or opt for a pocket 9mm and eliminate .380 altogether. Even the LCP .22 might be a possibility. 
The current ammo situation isn’t really favoring availability of .380. 9mm seems be more obtainable. 

Not gonna lie, .380 is hard to come by. Not sure anyone is making it in the US at the moment.  They are too busy cranking out 9mm.

I still catch .22 on sale at Walmart.  It's usually Federal AutoMatch, for $17.99 for 325 rounds.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, TennesseeCamper said:

....I can’t decide yet whether to get the LCP max or opt for a pocket 9...mm and eliminate .380 altogether. Even the LCP .22 might be a possibility. 

If I didn't already have my LCP I would choose a 9 mm.  I frequently carry a P938.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 1