Found "Cheap" 9mm

6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I just got an email from Academy advertising Blazer aluminum for $14.99/box online and in store.

Get it before Biden does, lol.

I'm assuming that's Blazer steel case at Academy.  I need to pick some up and see how it shoots out of my pistols.  The 115 gr at Crossroads Firearms was Blazer steel case, but the 124 gr was Red Army brass. I have no idea if it's reloadable or not though.

14 minutes ago, Moped said:

I'm assuming that's Blazer steel case at Academy.  I need to pick some up and see how it shoots out of my pistols.  The 115 gr at Crossroads Firearms was Blazer steel case, but the 124 gr was Red Army brass. I have no idea if it's reloadable or not though.

I think what @garufa was talking about is the Blazer aluminum cased.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I think what @garufa was talking about is the Blazer aluminum cased.

Right.  That's why I was specific.  😀

Blazer (CCI) doesn't make steel-cased ammo.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Right.  That's why I was specific.  😀

Blazer doesn't make steel-cased ammo.

FWIW I was telling another member today my antique(1990's) 1st gen walther p99 would eat that stuff all day long. I know a lot of people have issues with it and of course theres the reloading aspect to factor in.

Edited by FUJIMO
typo
  • Like 1

I've haven't used much Blazer aluminum in the past 10 years or so, only 4 or 5 boxes.  It all ran fine, pretty much like the brass, except I had a couple of mags that could not be fully loaded with it.  Wouldn't take the last round. Not a concern.

Ran 200 rounds of it through an MP5 back in the Guncraft range days.  😎

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

FWIW I was telling another member today my antique(1990's) 1st gen walther p99 would eat that stuff all day long. I know a lot of people have issues with it and of course theres the reloading aspect to factor in.

My Ruger P89 ate it like candy too. Wish I’d kept that pistol….along with others that I let go in my younger days. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

My Ruger P89 ate it like candy too. Wish I’d kept that pistol….along with others that I let go in my younger days. 

I actually have a p89 id recently considered selling. Hell if thats the case I may need to keep it lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I actually have a p89 id recently considered selling. Hell if thats the case I may need to keep it lol

I never had an ounce of trouble out of it or my P90 in .45 for that matter. They weren’t pretty guns but were built like tanks. I didn’t even know what “finicky with ammo” meant back in them days. 

• Like 2

I was getting ready to post about ammo at RK. They had a lot and some was not bad prices. 
I picked up 2 boxes/50rnd each of Blazer FMJ brass cased for 16.99 each   
they had Norma 124gr for $24 each 

• Like 3