P365......L?

I done did it.... Sig gave us the P365. Then the P365xl. Then the 356 on the xl frame & called it the 365X.

Well, I went t'other way. Considering that it's the grip length that makes a pistol more, or less, concealable; I built up an XL slide from parts & installed it, along with a Holosun 507k x2 RDS, on the standard frame. 

P365L?

Recoil & muzzle flip is noticeably reduced, although accuracy hasn't changed at 3,5,7 & 15yds. Not that that's an issue. The 507 is going to take some getting used to. Right now, I'm noticeably quicker on target with irons, but once shooting the dot is much easier to keep on target. Range time definitely needed here. 

Regardless of name, it suits in an AIWB holster better than the shorter version, has a far nicer 'in hand' balance & all in all, is a far groovier package (that can still take 10, 12 & 15 round mags) 

If you ever see me selling it, come round & smack me around a bit.....

IMG_20210724_154543_824.jpg

IMG_20210724_154543_758.jpg

• Like 5

I recently decided to go smaller and lighter-away from the 1911's I have toted for the last score of years.

I didn't really know what I wanted-was considering a Kimber or Sig in the Micro 9 size when I ran into a friend I used to work with and he was carrying the original P365 and said he really likes it-for the last 4 years likes it.

So I trusted him and picked up the P365X with the Romeo Zero optic already installed-I really hate the fact of having to drop to something lighter and easier to carry but I shall see how it goes with the Sig.

I think considering they have been a proven firearm for a couple of years it should be fine.

IMG_20210723_145426196.jpg

1 hour ago, krunchnik said:

I recently decided to go smaller and lighter-away from the 1911's I have toted for the last score of years.

I didn't really know what I wanted-was considering a Kimber or Sig in the Micro 9 size when I ran into a friend I used to work with and he was carrying the original P365 and said he really likes it-for the last 4 years likes it.

So I trusted him and picked up the P365X with the Romeo Zero optic already installed-I really hate the fact of having to drop to something lighter and easier to carry but I shall see how it goes with the Sig.

I think considering they have been a proven firearm for a couple of years it should be fine.

IMG_20210723_145426196.jpg

If you have smaller hands, there's not much to not love about it. If you could stand to go smaller, you can buy the standard 365 frame that lets you drop down to 10 round mags (you can still use the 12 & 15s) for about 40 bucks. 

14 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

If you have smaller hands, there's not much to not love about it. If you could stand to go smaller, you can buy the standard 365 frame that lets you drop down to 10 round mags (you can still use the 12 & 15s) for about 40 bucks. 

I really like the X-Frame-fits as good as it gets-all fingers on grip including pinkie.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FrankD said:

I did the exact same thing even ditched the romeo zero dot for the 507K.  Last piece of the puzzle for me is finding a TLR7-sub for it.

Then finding a holster! 

I'm on several notification lists for a 7-sub myself. 

• 1 month later...

Nice looking SIG, how do you like the HOLSUN. I've got two Staccato's, one is a Staccato P DPO with a HOLSUN, the other one is a Staccato C2 DPO I bought a HOLSUN 508T, and I ordered a Leopold Delta Point also for the C2 DPO. I'm going to mount the Leupold Delta Point on it first and see how I like it. The HOLSUN 507C X2 on my other one is a great sight and works great. Enjoy that new SIG and let us know how it shoots.

1 hour ago, DJTC45 said:

Nice looking SIG, how do you like the HOLSUN. I've got two Staccato's, one is a Staccato P DPO with a HOLSUN, the other one is a Staccato C2 DPO I bought a HOLSUN 508T, and I ordered a Leopold Delta Point also for the C2 DPO. I'm going to mount the Leupold Delta Point on it first and see how I like it. The HOLSUN 507C X2 on my other one is a great sight and works great. Enjoy that new SIG and let us know how it shoots.

I'm still getting used to it. Having never shot with one before this I'm finding it less instinctive. First shot is definitely slower, but follow ups are much quicker & my groups do seem a hair tighter with it. 

• Like 1