Indoor ranges, Cleveland / Ooltewah area?

When we move from the Atlanta area to around Cleveland or the eastern side of Chattanooga, Ooltewah-ish, I'll be looking for an indoor range for some weekly handgun shooting practice. Are there any that anyone can recommend?

My Google search turned up a whopping total of one (!) in the Cleveland area. Please tell me that I've just missed some great ranges 馃檪.

1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

There is Volunteer Ordnance/Cleveland Shooting Sports on South Lee Hwy. It is very nice.聽

Thanks. That's the one I found from a Google search. Looks nice from the photos. Pretty sure I'll be a regular there.

1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

There is Hiwassee Firearms up on Hwy 11 in Charleston/Calhoun.聽

I'm thinking that may be farther than I care to drive, but you never know.

We'll be building in Old Fort once we can afford building materials, likely a year or so. Right now we're looking for a house to rent in the Cleveland or maybe Chattanooga so we can sell here and take advantage of the amazing sale prices.

Thanks again.

I'm surprised that there aren't more indoor ranges around Cleveland and Chattanooga. I was thinking there would be mucho handgun shooters in southeast Tennessee and all would want a place to shoot. Silly me, I guess.

Anyone know of indoor ranges around Chattanooga? The way the rental market is going, we may end up there for a while.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, Aloha8 said:

I'm surprised that there aren't more indoor ranges around Cleveland and Chattanooga. I was thinking there would be mucho handgun shooters in southeast Tennessee and all would want a place to shoot. Silly me, I guess.

Anyone know of indoor ranges around Chattanooga? The way the rental market is going, we may end up there for a while.

You should look into Shooter's Depot on Shallowford Rd.

2 hours ago, Makdaddy said:

You should look into Shooter's Depot on Shallowford Rd.

It burned down.聽 I'm pretty sure they bulldozed what remained.聽

There is still a Shooter' Depot in Ft. Oglethorpe, Georgia with a new owner.

Edited by dawgdoc
11 minutes ago, dawgdoc said:

It burned down.聽 I'm pretty sure they bulldozed what remained.聽

There is still a Shooter' Depot in Ft. Oglethorpe, Georgia with a new owner.

Wow!聽 I actually lived in NW Georgia until February and I knew the one in FT. Oglethorpe had changed owners but I had no idea the one on Shallowford Rd had burned.

When I moved here I was amazed this area has very few offerings as well. I took a look at the one in Cleveland, and its a nice facility though it didn't have a lot of positions. They also had MG rentals if you feel the need.

If you end up in Chattanooga, Shooter's Supply in Hixon off Hixon Pike has a decent range. Good number of positions (they do training) and ventilation, though the lanes are not quite as bright as most. If you search, Carter's may come up, but I wouldn't recommend it. Its a converted set of storage sheds with really dim lighting ending at around the 10 yd area though it runs to 25yds. Maintainance聽 was spotty. Last time I was was there about a year and a half ago, water was leaking from the ceiling onto the firing line at a couple positions from a light rain. Broken tracks were common. Worse of all they had very poor ventilation.聽 Hope that has changed in the meantime.

If you end up outside city limits in the county, you can shoot on your property, so keep that in mind when looking at houses to rent if you find one with decent backdrops and some reasonable house to house spacing.

Thanks to everyone! It's looking as if the only rentals we can find that meet our needs are in the eastern Chattanooga area. Likely I'll check the one on Hixon Pike and the one on Battlefield Pkwy.