Tlr1-HL has a slight tilt?

Does this look funny? I just noticed a slight tilt in it but makes sense that it would point a little upwards toward point of aim. 

I do have the proper Glock rail insert in it. Seems to me like the battery lever contacts the bottom of the rail. I’ve never noticed this before now but this is a new gun. 

9B336C5C-4561-4AA1-905E-0446027B5A15.jpeg

Don’t have another Glock but it does the same on an M&P. I actually took the battery cover off last night to inspect the latch mechanism. Unless I’m a complete idiot, there is no there way for it to latch properly. It all seems to be in order.

I will say it’s perfectly stable and locked up solidly to the rail on both ends. It just looked off to me. I figured someone on here had this combo and may care to share a similar picture. 

Interesting.  Since it repeats consistently on two completely different guns maybe it's intentional in the design?  It does tilt the center of the light's pattern up toward the POI, upper parts of the target, etc.  

1 minute ago, expendable said:

Try the 1913 rail adapter, I’ve read that the 19X and the rest of the Gen 5 Glock rails are different. 

That’s actually what I have in it. It is in fact sized for a 1913 now on the newer models. 

I’ve concluded that streamlight either drilled the latch pivot pin in the wrong spot (unlikely) or that it’s just supposed to be this way.   I’ve watched a couple of videos with this exact gun/light combo and it seems like those fit more flush to the rail, but it could just be my eyes. 

🤷‍♂️

I don’t think it’s supposed to be that way. 

I've read of one other person that said when they used Glock insert the light would attach to the rail correctly but the 1913 would cause it to move just far enough back that it wouldn’t snug up flush because it was hitting on the dust cover in front of the trigger guard. 

2 minutes ago, expendable said:

I don’t think it’s supposed to be that way. 

I've read of one other person that said when they used Glock insert the light would attach to the rail correctly but the 1913 would cause it to move just far enough back that it wouldn’t snug up flush because it was hitting on the dust cover in front of the trigger guard. 

It is doing the same thing with the Glock insert. The Glock insert is smaller than the rail channel and just allows a little play in either direction. It’s basically the top of the battery plate lever that’s contacting the frame. 

I’m stumped though haha. I’ll try it on my 1911 again and see how it fits. 

6 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

How did you figure that out?

Browsing around on different forums. It fits all of the signs and I went back to check my order from Amazon. Could have sworn it shipped from Amazon but nope, Jim Mo Tang. I know better so it must have just been my mistake.

Amazon is actually letting me return it for a partial refund though!

The thought that it might be a counterfeit was in the back of my mind but I didn’t want to say it. 

It’s just getting tiring trying to make sure what you are ordering is really what it says it is. 

Edited by expendable
2 minutes ago, expendable said:

The thought that it might be a counterfeit was in the back of my mind but I didn’t want to say it. 

It’s just getting tiring trying to make sure what you are ordering is really what it says it is. 

Yep the $15 I’ll save by ordering online is getting less and less attractive.

• Like 2