What's Your Favorite Handgun?

robin48

3 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

Right now? This Canick TP9SF. Holy crap can I shoot this thing! 

All time? .44 mag Vaquero.

People have been reluctant to try the Canik line for quite a while, but most are like you. A few rounds and are not only impressed, but in love with them.

Awesome pistols!! Jmo

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Defender said:

Yeah, that other one is a Sig "Carry" 1911, which is size equivalent to the Colt Commander.  I like it too.

Yes. I have an older RCS(?) RSC. Can't remember the designation of the model. It's quite a good shooter.

1 hour ago, JustEd said:

My heart is with a good 1911, but practicality says a Glock 19

Mine has many thousands of rounds through it and functions beautifully.  If shtf, it would be the handgun on my mind first.

After I shoot my new Glock 45, I've got a feeling that it may replace one of my bedside guns, lol.  It feels better in my hand than the Shield I use for that purpose now.  The Shield has a CT Laser/flashlight on it.  I think I may end up selling or trading the extra Performance Center Shield I have, the one without the laser/flashlight.  Coincidence on the Shield I'm keeping, the first 3 digits of the serial number are my initials, in the correct order.   Talk about fate...

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I know some folks on the list don’t care for the “distressed” look on a new firearm but I think it looks sweet. I just have an ATI GI model but it shoots nice and on target.  

IMG_8533.thumb.jpg.84fdfa33990ce74232530d902c69c9b0.jpg

One day I hope to get a WWII 1911.  Nothing fancy and perfect.  Something I can shoot and not worry about it’s “vintage”.  

Where did you get your ATI?

On 8/6/2021 at 12:29 AM, Chucktshoes said:

Browning HiPower, hands down. 

I'll see your HiPower and raise you a GP Competition..jpg

I'm at a loss to explain a lack of pics of MY GP Comp, but here's a representation. I'll fix that "no pic of mine" thing soon, it's beautiful and seriously it shoots like a magic bullet wand...

The most natural pointer I've ever shot.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, OMCHamlin said:

I'll see your HiPower and raise you a GP Competition..jpg

I'm at a loss to explain a lack of pics of MY GP Comp, but here's a representation. I'll fix that "no pic of mine" thing soon, it's beautiful and seriously it shoots like a magic bullet wand...

The most natural pointer I've ever shot.

Wow. That thing is gorgeous. 

.jpg

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

This thread has made me realize how boring my collection is. 🙄 I guess I'd have to pick my Glock 19 as boring as it is. It's one of the first handguns I purchased and has kept my wife and I safe for over 10 years now. I've carried it in at least 18 states too. 

Fun fact, I actually purchased this Glock while walking around a gun show with @Garufa and @Oh Shoot. I believe it was at the Expo Center in early 2010. 

Edited by Erik88
On 8/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, gregintenn said:

Favorite handgun? Whichever one is on me when I need one.

This ^^^^

That's like asking to pick you favorite child. Each has it's good and it's bad.

Missing is the number one reason for reloads, regardless of capacity.

27 minutes ago, brat said:

This ^^^^

That's like asking to pick you favorite child. Each has it's good and it's bad.

Missing is the number one reason for reloads, regardless of capacity.

That's why I said it depended on the situation. I like all of them.  I even carry my Walther PPK from time to time, just so it doesn't feel unloved! 😄