What's Your Favorite Handgun?

robin48

Walther PPQ or Q4 (virtually identical). The trigger is the best trigger in the striker fired world. The grip is tactical enough for EDC but comfortable enough to not chaff skin when worn against belly. in my 4 years with the pistol I have found the two I have owned to be reliable, easy to maintain and accurate as hell. 

• Like 1

Mine is the Broomhandle Mauser...why? I grew up with a Dad that was constantly gun trading and one of my duties was to clean the guns. I saw heaps of firearms come and go but for some reason I was intrigued by the Broomhandle Mausers. I saw 45s, I saw Lugers, but the Broomhandle had this sort of mysticism to it. I now own two and I'm a happy puppy.

broomhandle 8nch.jpg

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

I personally love a well built 1911 if we’re talking all time favorite, even though I don’t care to much for a .45, nor have I ever owned one. Might go down the rabbit hole one day and get a RIA 1911 just because of the price point, and to play with the grips and what have you. Honestly couldn’t see my self shooting it that much. 

My favorite that I’ve personally owned is an IMI Baby Desert Eagle .40 cal (wish I still had it) 

My favorite that I currently own is my .380 Beretta Pico, mainly because of the amazing concealed carry options and EDC in general, as well as some sentimental reasons and history I have with it . I can honestly say it is 1 of maybe 3 guns in my entire collection that I will not part with. It’s nothing crazy special, but man I love that little ol gun. 

Edited by iamdillo

Semis: Springfield 1911 TRP in .45, Israili Arms Baby Eagle in .45, Kimber Ultra Carry II Compact 1911 in .45, p226 in .40, Glock 19x, and last but not least CZ-P07 duty in 9mm, (these were the 1st gens that still said cz-75 on the slide and the lower frame was a little fatter in the hand without Interchangeable backstraps, I actually prefer the older style lowers than the newer, they just seem to fit the hand better.) 

Revolvers: Ruger Super Blackhawk S/A .44mag, Taurus Bull in .357, Taurus Tracker in .357, and owned a small 2" Taurus 5 shot .357 that was great for being on the bike.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it hasn't been typed yet, but a four inch heavy barrel Smith and Wesson Model 10.  I will always have at least one in my possession.  If I see one reasonably priced, I will probably buy it.

20220731_195429.thumb.jpg.a040f1fd5f12610c10326f3ee11ed830.jpg

• Like 3

S&W Model 686 .357 magnum. I carried it on duty in the desert Southwest and then In the Rockies. Desert heat, forest fires, road patrol, dust, dirt, rain, mud , snow, and it always cleaned up good as new. More importantly, it never jammed or failed in any way, and it shot better than I did. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:56 PM, JBF said:

I can't believe it hasn't been typed yet, but a four inch heavy barrel Smith and Wesson Model 10.  I will always have at least one in my possession.  If I see one reasonably priced, I will probably buy it.

20220731_195429.thumb.jpg.a040f1fd5f12610c10326f3ee11ed830.jpg

Unusual to see non-checkered S&W grips....NICE!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...